Beshear trying to take money from the fish & Game Department

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Withered Oak, Jul 31, 2020.

1. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Funny right there!!:p:D

RLWEBB likes this.

2. Well written article Sir. There is a reason that KRS 150.061 states only the KDFWR Commission can hire and fire a Commissioner. This is to prevent a capricious and heavy handed Governor from meddling in the KDFWR management or affairs. This was set up this way to prevent the position of commissioner from being turned into a political appointee and thus be filled by the best ass kisser. It was meant to be filled by a fellow sportsman who likes and understands the needs of hunters and fishermen. It foresaw that some governors may be anti-hunter/fisherman and thus could adversely impact our sports. The structure was established to insulate the commission at least somewhat from such BS.

Gooch and barney like this.
  3. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    Damn shame that they didn't have the foresight to let the sportsmen choose the commission members as well to prevent such ass kissing.

FOWLER2671 and grouseguy like this.
  4. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    It’s a highly politicized process that’s for sure.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  5. hunter40502

hunter40502 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2014
    Washington County
    Never been grouse hunting before.

6. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I would like to see ALL Governors removed from the Commissioner appointment process. Let the votes of the License holding sportsmen elect our Commission and let them hire the CEO of KDFWR.

BowOnly, riverboss and Trapper Delk like this.
  7. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    ??? Seems like I’ve missed legislators mentioning this?

8. raidergson

raidergson 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2010
    Garrard County
    Many would agree, but I guess this was part of the checks-and-balance mindset implemented during a time where it was taken more serious.

9. hoene

hoene 8 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    This was a year and a half ago.

10. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    o_O Did I sleep thru 2021 or something?

Trapper Delk likes this.
  11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    So it hasn’t been mentioned in session?

12. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    Not to my knowledge unless it’s in the impeachment discussions.

13. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    In my humble opinion, quotes like these are part of "the problem" that plagues our society. You and I probably agree on a wide variety of topics, but with the stroke of your ultra-wide brush, you painted all teachers/educators as supporters of AB. Not the case friend. I've been an educator for 20+ years and am a staunch conservative. I celebrate kids in my announcements on their outdoor accomplishments. I ask them to send me pics of their deer, fish, turkey etc. I encourage them to stop by my office so we can share outdoor adventures. I lead the pledge each morning and include GOD. I do my morning announcements during gun season while wearing an orange hat. The mindset behind your post is no different than "all police are______________, all black people are _____________________, all republicans are _________________, all democrats are _____________________, all white people are______________, all Christians are________________________. We can't pigeon hole people based on their race, religion, ethnic background, profession etc........ When we do, we alienate within our own groups........united we stand, divided we fall......I think I read that somewhere ;)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    RLWEBB, Turkin8or, Timholt70 and 4 others like this.
  14. These appointments/ firings have been going on for years.
    It sucks but currently that’s just the way it is. We need as sportsman to get this back to a sportsman’s vote, not a democratic or republican debate or vote. Even if something was overridden with Beshear there is nothing to prevent the next governor from doing something unpopular.
    We need to figure out how to change the political agenda and influence into the wildlife commission and get the power back into the hands of Ky Outdoorsmen.
    I urge everyone to start calling and emailing their representatives about this, as that is the only way to make a change. We all vent on social media, but Facebook polls don’t change anything-

15. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    What is the status of the Commissioner position? Is it still vacant?