Been Quiet here about State Elections.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BigPete, Nov 2, 2019.

1. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    It's always easy for me to "remember in November" because of the tax bills I get in October.

bondhu, Carl, 300winmag and 3 others like this.
  2. You should see our library tax portion, set by an appointed and not elected library board. It’s as much as fire and rescue and more than health and extension agency. You know who uses our present library? Mostly moochers looking to use the free internet. Nobody checks out books lol. Now they’re wanting to build a Taj Mahal brand new “modern library” they say will propel our town into this enlightened realm lol. No kidding.

3. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Yup. We have one of the Big Modern ones with no books and all the druggies and slimeballs hang out in the entrance hallway using the Free WiFi which I pay for through Exorbitant Library Taxes for this BS.
    I wish for the old Carnegie Library WHICH actually had BOOKS.

bondhu, aaronc, Feedman and 2 others like this.
  4. AllDodge

AllDodge Spike

May 20, 2019
    South Central, KY
    Have to agree with you

5. The irony of a non-constructive comment affirming a comment about a lack of constructive discussions is funny to me for some reason, likely that it’s lost on some lmao.

6. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Preach! Most folks have no idea about this. The library here has MILLIONS in the bank.

drakeshooter likes this.
  7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Speaking of local government worship centers, government shrines to pat themselves on the back, and obsolete libraries....our local library will “rent” various tools for free. Can someone give me a valid explanation as to why?

8. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I bet there are not 10 people a week that use the library. Waste of money

barney likes this.
  9. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Not lost on this one...but back to being constructive,.....we had a new library built a few years back. I've never been in it,...not sure if the wife has taken the kid there or not. I'm a book lover,...so is the kid,...however the reasons people apparently are going to libraries now days have changed. The free wifi for deadbeats isn't a great reason to build one. Deadbeats and junkies ruin everything.

drakeshooter, dirtstalker and barney like this.
  10. In the mean time down here the county roads and bridges are so bad the county is just closing them and going back to gravel, but we need a million $ library worse. ZERO commonsense. The county road department bought a new grader and folks this ain’t your mama’s road grader. The operator spends more time sleeping in that limousine tinted, heat & air supplied cab on a backroad than grading but I digress.

barney likes this.
  11. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Don't get me started on the roads. That is one of the only things I expect government to take care of. I feel it's what I pay taxes for. They fail miserably at basic upkeep of our roads,..yet at every turn they ask for more $$$$ :mad:

EdLongshanks and drakeshooter like this.
  12. ...to build Taj Mahal library buildings that provide free internet and comfy couches.

aaronc likes this.
  13. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY

I have been an official member of Kentucky Hunting since 2007, I lurked Around even before that.

Over the last 10-12 years here, I have seen some idiotic and hypocritical posts, however, with that said I think your post I quoted blowed all the others out of the water.

You say politics and the political forum “should be avoided like the Plague” but yet I see you yourself have STARTED 4 threads just on page one, and started 3 new threads in the politics forum just today!!!

14. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I’m concerned Bevin will lose. Polls were dead (my area is heavy republican) And my guess is teachers and those on the teat will be out in full force

15. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    what kind of tools? That’s bizarre