Been awhile.

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
Been a rough spell and hadn’t been on here much this year.

Which my dad passed in 2003 and since been helping my mom with things ever since… at least as much as I can. This past March my mom had a light stroke with a diagnosis of dementia. We first thought it was temporary but it was actually the beginning. Her episodes increased and eventually we had to hire sitters to stay around the clock with her.

Her condition went from good days and bad days … to pretty much all bad since mid-August. By the end of September we started hospice home visits and on October 4th she passed away in her sleep. Which hard to comprehend but a blessing.

I went through lung cancer with my dad and dementia with mom. Both absolutely painful to watch loved ones go through .. but being my first real experience with dementia in our immediate family….. it’s just plumb awful and all I can say about that.

On brighter note… grandson is 2 now and growing like a weed. He’s all boy … wilder than a buck and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Good luck to those firing up the smoke poles this weekend. I’m going to try to hunt Saturday just to unwind & recoup a little. It will be nice to sit in a stand for awhile.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
Great to see you back JD, very sorry to hear about your mother and father. Days spent in God's creation can heal the soul like nothing else. Good luck this weekend and please don't be a stranger.

bdbrown66

8 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
Sorry for your loss, sir. I'm currently dealing with the aftereffects of a stroke in my mom, and the onset of dementia in my dad. You just do the best you can, day by day. God bless you.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Been a rough spell and hadn’t been on here much this year.

Which my dad passed in 2003 and since been helping my mom with things ever since… at least as much as I can. This past March my mom had a light stroke with a diagnosis of dementia. We first thought it was temporary but it was actually the beginning. Her episodes increased and eventually we had to hire sitters to stay around the clock with her.

Her condition went from good days and bad days … to pretty much all bad since mid-August. By the end of September we started hospice home visits and on October 4th she passed away in her sleep. Which hard to comprehend but a blessing.

I went through lung cancer with my dad and dementia with mom. Both absolutely painful to watch loved ones go through .. but being my first real experience with dementia in our immediate family….. it’s just plumb awful and all I can say about that.

On brighter note… grandson is 2 now and growing like a weed. He’s all boy … wilder than a buck and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Good luck to those firing up the smoke poles this weekend. I’m going to try to hunt Saturday just to unwind & recoup a little. It will be nice to sit in a stand for awhile.
So sorry about your mom. Thinking of you yesterday, bout time to post up a pic of that purty Winchester so we can all drool over it.

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I meant to post this in the community forum… guess I’m really out of practice on here.. lol. Didn’t mean to muck up the firearms section … but usually when I had a chance to check the forum… I’d pull up this section first.

Ash12

10 pointer
Oct 21, 2007
So sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that those around you and the outdoors can offer you peace and comfort during this difficult time.

rlb165

12 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
JD, I’m sorry for your loss.
I test drove a truck the other day, and for whatever reason it reminded me of you posting about the gas mileage your truck got, which got me to thinking that you hadn’t been on here for a while.
It’s good to see you.
Enjoy your hunt tomorrow.