Beaver Problem???

nooge

6 pointer
Oct 28, 2008
Lexington, KY
I have a farm in central KY where I have to cross the Rolling Fork River to get to it. Usually we have no problems crossing the river as it's normally <1' deep this time of year. However, we now have a beaver dam just down river from where we normally cross and that's causing the water level to rise to about 2-3'. We have tore down the dam two or three times but by the time I return the following weekend, you guessed it, back as though it hadn't been touched. This thing is really impressive just for the fact of how big it is. Does anyone have any suggestion on how we can solve this problem? Just curious.

dipits

8 pointer
Dec 20, 2003
Ky..
what part of the rolling fork ? I know someone who might be abel to help if close enough .
He helped me with the same problem .

M

mrdux

Contact your local CO and ask if he knows of a licensed trapper in your parts. My CO is a trapper himself. Most trappers are just limited by access to new properties. The trapper might also be willing to teach you how to trap them yourself.

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY
Beavers are hard workers but arent' the sharpest knives in the drawer. Next time you tear the dam out, put a pipe at the bottom that extends upstream and down a few feet, with both ends under water. They'll build around it but won't figure out they need to stop up the pipe. The size and number of pipes will be determined by the water flow.

Beaver are drawn to the sound of rushing, splashing water; it's their call to arms. The pipe flow will be silent and escape their notice.

nooge

6 pointer
Oct 28, 2008
Lexington, KY
Beavers are hard workers but arent' the sharpest knives in the drawer. Next time you tear the dam out, put a pipe at the bottom that extends upstream and down a few feet, with both ends under water. They'll build around it but won't figure out they need to stop up the pipe. The size and number of pipes will be determined by the water flow.

Beaver are drawn to the sound of rushing, splashing water; it's their call to arms. The pipe flow will be silent and escape their notice.

Sounds like a heck of an idea. Thanx!

pentail

Bacon
Staff member
Sep 25, 2002
Savoring the smoke

Trust Me, you are an evil genius with MAD skillz:D

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY
OK now guys i have to hear the carp story!!!!

This picture says it all...

WKYWingDing017.jpg

Latest posts