Bear sightings in your county?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Gun7alk, Feb 17, 2014.

1. mhounshell

mhounshell 6 pointer

Jul 19, 2006
    KY
    indian creek area of lewis co

2. Fairplayky

Fairplayky 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2004
    Lexington
    Uncertified Sightings

No bear or panther sighting in Adair is official unless certified by the Blue Ribbon Bear Board.

3. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    That's about 12 miles as the crow flies from where we are. We haven't seen any yet, but we will one day.

4. rackmaster2

rackmaster2 6 pointer

Jan 10, 2009
    straight fork
    there are plenty of them in Lewis, One lived in my corn field until jan of this year ( corn gone) we identified 6-8 different bears on camera. Just over ridge from Briery and Kinney on straight fork.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  5. easternkyhunter

easternkyhunter 6 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    breathitt county
    Same here in Breathitt. At least 75 sightings in the last 2-3 months. Mostly within 1 mile +\- of my house.
    And my buddy had over 700 pics of a bear on his camera. But that was in Wolfe County.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  6. racsr

racsr 10 pointer

May 7, 2009
    morgan county ky
    I have had a bear that visits my farm every sprin for the last five years now. last year we saw a new one a sow with a cub on my neighbors farm. we stop seeing them in early july and don't see them again untill the next april or may. they seam to travel quite a large range.

7. rackmaster2

rackmaster2 6 pointer

Jan 10, 2009
    straight fork
    the bear biologist says when you start seeing sows and cubs you have a pretty good population, the boars are roamers. I hope mine roam somewhere else.

8. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 6 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    Had one in Muhlenberg Co. last fall. It was visiting a backyard in a subdivision. Daviess Co. also had one. It may have been the same one.