Bear sightings in your county?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Gun7alk, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Gun7alk

Gun7alk 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    I'm in Adair county and there's been quite a few people reporting sightings of them lately. Even a few pictures. Would be pretty cool to have a good population of them here.

2. KJ92

KJ92 Fawn

Feb 9, 2014
    Only one I've seen personally was in Whitley Co. , real close to laurel lake. That was a couple years ago.

3. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    I've heard that there are tagged bears in Russell county.

4. Navy Bowhunter

Navy Bowhunter 6 pointer

Jun 25, 2013
    Knifley, KY
    I am in Adair next to Green River Lake and I have not got any pics or sightings. What part of Adair are people seeing them?

5. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    People have been seeing bears in adair county for years. I'm 33 now when I was about 12 or 13 I had a run in with one in corner of a sugar Cain and corn field where they came together. That was twenty years ago

6. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I hope you keep them all. I have no desire to run into a bear in the pre-dawn darkness with a load of number 6's to defend myself.

7. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    There were some sightings of bear crossing the road this past summer near our farm in Clinton Co. Don't know if it was the same bear. Neighbor had a deer feeder torn up an got trail cam pictures on one not 1/4 mile from our farm.

8. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    Letcher County: WAY, WAY, WAY, to many sightings to count.

9. Farmer

Farmer Fawn

Dec 31, 2010
    Pikeville, KY
    Over the past 3 years, my parents have had 2 bears run through their front yard. First time one had been hit by a truck and ended up with Conservation officers having to put him down after they forced him out of a concrete drain. Second time we were all just sitting on the carport when traffic slowed on the highway and a full grown bear ran along the same path the first bear took. He had just crossed the highway. He was moving pretty good and I didn't get my phone's camera going in time to record him. My parents live along US 460 at Belcher in Pike County.

10. Gun7alk

Gun7alk 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    These sightings I've heard of are from columbiamagazine.com, all from the southern part of the county near Cumberland Co. I don't doubt that they are here. I think it would be neat to have them here but I hope I never have the opportunity to run into one.

Here's a picture of one supposedly swimming in at Lake Cumberland. I'm not sure how or why he got the boat that close to the bear.

[​IMG]

11. mhounshell

mhounshell 6 pointer

Jul 19, 2006
    KY
    I've gotten pics of a bear in Lewis co. last august

12. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    What part? We see tracks every now and then near the Carter line.

13. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    The only thing we have here in Christian County is a mountain lion. We would gladly trade it for a bear, if anyone in Eastern Kentucky is interested.

14. Gun7alk

Gun7alk 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    I forgot to mention we also have black panthers here in Adair co. I wouldn't be willing to trade those though.

15. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Seen one in briary creek in lewis county 7 years ago while deer hunting. And have seen trail cam pics from pendelton co 2 years ago of a mother and cubs at least that is were i was told they were from and i believe it to be true . They were going to show me the spot later in the year but my buddy got killed in a wreck and i never got to confirm it.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk