Bear Outfitter Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Dave62, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Dave62

Dave62 6 pointer

Jan 17, 2008
    Breckinridge Co., KY
    I was starting to do some research on a black bear hunt. Can anyone recomend any bear outfitters? possibly in Michigan?? I will definetly put in for the hunt here in KY but I want to improve my odds. Thanks.

2. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Would you be interested in a trophy black bear hunt in Manitoba ? Ive got a great guide that harvest 40-50% color phase black bears on 375,000 acres......Any weapon........Its a pure wilderness adventure!

3. MoheganSneak

MoheganSneak 6 pointer

Oct 1, 2007
    Lexchesterdonville-ish
    No luck in Canada

me and 3 guys went to Bear Creek Outfitters in Canada Fall 2006, I was the only guy to see a bear and couldnt shoot it because it had cubs with it... i know youre looking for recomendations but i DISrecommend this place, if thats a word!

4. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    North Country Lodge in Maine. Get hunt, family owned .Went there a few years ago. Planning on going back.Check them out on there web site.If you want more details let me know.

5. buzzbaiter83

buzzbaiter83 10 pointer

Hah, I could guide you for KY..lol..I seen a bear almost every day during bow season. I even have some fresh trailcam pics uploaded on this site. I can see them every day.

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I have to agree with Maxcam...that being if you want to put the odd's in your favor you need to go a lot further north than Michigan.

Here is a link to the outfitter we use in Manitoba. If you click on hunting methods thats me with the Chocolate I took with rifle a few years back. Any other questions on this outfitter feel free to ask.

http://www.bearhunt-solowayoutfitters.com

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  7. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Ive got another one that is pretty good over in Idaho as well........The bears arent as big but they aint pups either!:D

Attached Files:

8. Dave62

Dave62 6 pointer

Jan 17, 2008
    Breckinridge Co., KY
    Guys thanks for the information. Those are some real nice bears. I am going to pm some of you all for more information about the outfitters and prices. Thanks again.

9. Dave62

Dave62 6 pointer

Jan 17, 2008
    Breckinridge Co., KY
    Buzzbaiter, I'll take you up on your outfiitting offer if I get drawn here in KY. :D

10. crestliner200

crestliner200 6 pointer

Sep 5, 2008
    A Hunter Hunter.
    On the bear hunt here in KY. Correct me if i'm wrong guys but its not a draw. I think all you have to do is buy a permit and hunt in the three counties that F&W says you can hunt bear in.

11. Shelbyhunter

Shelbyhunter 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2002
    La Grange, KY.
    Check out BLWC.com. They are located in Espanola, Ontario. I went there in September of 2007 and killed a 250lb boar. The guy that runs the place lives in Louisville in the off season. His booth will be at Strader this year.

12. buzzbaiter83

buzzbaiter83 10 pointer

Yep that's right. All you have to do is buy the permit and hunt until they close the season.

Right now I'm still trying to decide if I want to hunt or guide another hunter. I know, I said before that I wouldn't want to kill one. There's almost something sacred about them. The only thing that may change my mind is that they are destroying bowhunting here. They are running deer out of the area. No joke, I saw almost as many bears as I did whitetails this year, not to mention the money they are costing me in cameras, feeders, and corn.

13. elevator

elevator Fawn

Jan 21, 2009
    Hazard, KY
    Bear huntin

Cedar Ridge Outfitters in Jackman, Maine. I've been the last two years, killed one within the first few days of the hunt both times.

14. lances

lances 10 pointer

Sep 12, 2004
    Lake Cumberland KY
    We went to evergreen lodge on laq seul lake last year. it is www.laqseulwalleye.com We got great bears and caught a ton of fish in the mornings and after we killed out. He is almost 100% every year with some color phases possible.

15. piebald buster

piebald buster 8 pointer

Nov 9, 2006
    Glasgow Ky.
    Oxbow Lodge in Oxbow, Maine. Been there 3 times. Killed one on first trip, couldn't get a clean shot at one on my second hunt, and killed another one on my third trip. Tom and his guides run a top notch operation. They WANT you to be successful. I would recommend them to anyone!