Bear 1, Camera and Feeder 0

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by buzzbaiter83, Jan 20, 2009.

1. buzzbaiter83

buzzbaiter83 10 pointer

I went to get my camera the other day. I had left it alone for about 3 weeks hoping I would get some more pics of these two nice bucks who had been coming around every 6 days or so. When I got there I found some of my black mining tape that I use to secure my pipe feeders to trees about 250 yards down the mountain from my feeder and cam. I kind of wondered what was going on. When I got about 50 feet from my cam I seen my feeder was gone and the camera wasn't attached to the tree. I thought it was gone. I walked over to the tree and found it still there chained to the tree but the mounting brackets were broke and my feeder was next to the camera on the ground. I wondered if someone had found it and done this for spite. My memory card in my camera had ice froze on it and I couldn't get it to work. I took my wife's hair dryer and after cleaning it with alcohol got it to work. I couldn't believe all the pics I got of bears. I would guess 3-4 different bears including one beast. I left the pics of just solid black and then my cam on the ground. Check out the pics and tell me what you all think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shelbyhunter

Shelbyhunter 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2002
    La Grange, KY.
    So much for hibernation!

3. Brewtus

Brewtus 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2006
    Erlanger KY
    Looks like you need a bear proof feeder.:D

4. yeehaw21

yeehaw21 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2005
    Letcher County, Kentucky
    I've already been through this about 3 years ago. Didn't have a camera up, but had a bear climb up the tree that my spinning feeder was hanging from. Apparently it wasn't giving out corn fast enough, so he decided he'd just hang from the motor until it ripped out of the feeder and the rest of the corn came pouring out. I was able to fix it back, but I nailed tin around the tree before I filled it back up. I haven't had any problems since and you can actually see bear claws in the tin where they have tried it again.

I also had to help my Brother in Law do the same thing with his feeder, exept his bear tore his feeder completely down!

The picture here's not that great, but you can see where I had to add the tin.

[​IMG]

5. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Neat pictures. What county where these in?

6. buzzbaiter83

buzzbaiter83 10 pointer

They are on Black Mt. in Harlan.

7. lances

lances 10 pointer

Sep 12, 2004
    Lake Cumberland KY
    Wow these big black critters will take some getting use to.

8. lances

lances 10 pointer

Sep 12, 2004
    Lake Cumberland KY
    Does anyone have a pic with deer and bear together or does the bear run them off? I know bear eats fawns just curious about adult deer.

9. scout8

scout8 Spike

Jan 8, 2009
    Lewis Co. KY
    Cool pics. Do you live in the area where the proposed bear season is going to take place?

10. There was one hit by a car in Boone county about 3 years ago. I was also shown a tree with the question from the land owner " What made these marks"? It was very obvious it was a tree that a bear had clawed, that was in Gallatin county.

11. owcobro

owcobro 6 pointer

Dec 6, 2004
    walton, ky
    I was also wondering if you got any deer pictures, I fugure deer do not stay where bears have been.

I will be in Evarts in two weeks for some 4 wheeling. Any bears in that neck of the woods?

12. StaleyEMT

StaleyEMT 8 pointer

Jul 14, 2007
    Laurel Co.
    Cool pics buzzbaiter.