beach vacation .

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by KYDEERCHASR, Jun 19, 2019.

1. KYDEERCHASR

KYDEERCHASR 10 pointer

Aug 29, 2005
    marion county
    we are looking for a beach vacation away from the normal florida or Carolinas scene. we have been to myrtle beach and the florida beaches.
    maybe something on the upper north coast .

we need about a week away for some relaxation.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Chincoteague Island

Drahts likes this.
  3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    We used to go to Jacksonville, it wasn't very crowded and had clean Beach's! But it's been 19 yrs ago

4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    When you say upper North coast where are referring too.
    The Northeast , the Carolinas, the FL panhandle

For a real change there are some neat beach areas on lake Michigan.

Ataulbe1 and Genesis 27:3 like this.
  5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I think he means away from the Carolinas or Florida. How about the Jersey Shore? All those fake tanned Italian fart knockers on TV say it’s nice. I’m in SW Florida right now. Love it!

6. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
  7. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    Used to live in Seagrove beach halfway between Panama City Beach and Destin, currently own a condo on Siesta key south of Sarasota, have not been there in 10 years hate the beach..

8. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Don't even think about it. I was at Ocean City Maryland once and it there were so many people you couldn't even see the sand.
    A neighbor went to Dauphine island, Alabama a few weeks ago and it was pretty old time. They don't even have a fast food restaurant there, but just a drive across the bridge to them. Oh, I don't think they even have a motel either. Close to Orange Beach Alabama.

xbokilla likes this.
  9. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I have seen the ocean twice . One was Oak Island in NC . A few years ago I had to go to Raleigh NC so ,me and my wife had never seen the ocean and we drove on down . It was in November . The beach only had a few people on it . I thought this was the best place on earth . But what do I know about beaches. We probably won't see the beach again :(

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Do you rent your condo? Sarasota has grown. We might venture up there once or twice while we’re here but it’s gotten a little too busy for me. You could make a crapload if you wanted to sell. We are staying in North Port at the end of Sarasota Co. Wife’s folks are snowbirds so we use it during the summer. We stayed in Naples for years as she had another family member that owns there. I’m not a big fan of East Coast Florida/Atlantic but love the lower gulf side.

11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

In Savannah? Tybee, I believe.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
  13. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    You ever go to Myakka River State Park, just east or SE of Sarasota you wanna see some Gators and wild hogs the place has tones of both..

As far as renting the condo we don't , but there is almost always a family member in it, actually we own it with the wifes brother.
    Plan on selling at some point either that or he can buy us out. It's been paid off for years but the HOA fee is $400 a month..

14. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    My wife went there two years ago with our church group for a trip to visit a school and our sponsored kids. It's not a nice place and they were not even in the nice tourist areas. I really feel sorry for the kids growing up in that place.

15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Yep. We went to Myakka St Park last summer and took a boat ride. Saw a few gators and hogs but the gators are not as active right now (hot, stay deep). We got a few gators in the ponds and lakes around our condo park. I have to be careful when I walk my little dogs. I saw deer, hogs, and turkeys on the drive down. The tour guide at Myakka said last summer that they trap and remove 1500 wild hogs every other year.