Be Careful

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Strutter, Nov 19, 2009.

1. nutcase

nutcase 8 pointer

Sep 27, 2004
    Murray, Ky
    I didn't verify his target before pulling the trigger and needs to go to jail

Stupidity is no excuse

2. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    He was also tresspassing when this happened.

It is a shame how dumbarses like this make hunters look.:(

3. O'Brien

O'Brien 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2008
    Boone County
    He heard rustling and shot!!!!!! ++++'in idiot!!!!

4. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    Why would anyone shoot at something they cant see? I have never taken a shot at a deer i could not see...

5. ATL

ATL Fawn

Aug 6, 2009
    Lexington,KY
    In my opinion, you should not only be able to see the deer before you shoot but you should be confident that you are making an ethical shot that will cause as little suffering as possible. You should only shoot a deer if you have a shot that you are confident will kill the deer,it should only take one shot. These kind of people give responsible hunters a bad name. There's no excuse for this type of situation. This makes me furious. Who in their right mind takes a shot at something that they "think" is a deer? There is no excuse for this. If everyone identified their target before making a shot we wouldn't even need hunter orange laws. Sorry for going on and on it just really gets to me. Everyone be safe.

6. KyBucks10

KyBucks10 12 pointer

Dec 5, 2008
    Burgin, Kentucky
    i cant for the life of me figure out why some people cant tell the difference in an animal and a human. i think you should ONLY shoot if you can see it and its an animal that you want to harvest. there is no reason the the safety should come off or your finger touch the trigger unless you are prepared to destroy whatever is in front of your weapon. just my .02 cents...

7. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Rule #1

KNOW your target AND WHAT IS BEYOND it also, (hearing "rustling and shooting" can't follow this)

Rule #2
    See Rule #1......

8. O'Brien

O'Brien 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2008
    Boone County
    Amen!!! This guy should fry!!! That poor girl's family......:(

9. NH.Hunter

NH.Hunter Fawn

Nov 10, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I agree with you 100 percent. I am from a state that does not have a hunter orange requirement law. It is the hunters responsibility to identify his target not the peoples responsibility to identify themselves as NOT a deer. violators should be prosecuted to the fullest

10. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    I agree 100% as well... However I always wear my orange because there are some hunters out there (if that's what you want to call them) that fell out of the stupid tree and hit ever stick on their way down and I want to keep the odds of not being shot in my favor.

11. This is going to give us all a big black eye for certain. What a blithering idiot. Never point a gun at anything you dont want to kill.

12. kmtpr

kmtpr 10 pointer

May 11, 2008
    W Kentucky
    Very tragic. :( Thoughts and prayers go out to the students' families. According to the news story, he was trespassing and the college had emailed students about wearing blaze orange during this time of year. However, bottom line, he shot without seeing his target. :mad: