Bass Pro sure has changed....

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
Yep, and ol Johnny discontinued the lifetime warranty on Cabelas brand items. I hate that Gander quit carrying hunting and fishing stuff. I only buy from Cabelas when I have to.
What is the deal with gander? They used to have a good uncommon selection and a good supply of boat maintenance items. I went down there about a month ago to pick up some marine wire and terminals, wow they were cleaned out.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
What is the deal with gander? They used to have a good uncommon selection and a good supply of boat maintenance items. I went down there about a month ago to pick up some marine wire and terminals, wow they were cleaned out.
They discontinued hunting and fishing equipment, period. Haven't heard if they are going to restock with the marine products or not. My guess is no. They still own Overtons, so maybe they'll bring that back.

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
I stopped at Dicks in Ashland today. Boy was that a disappointment. I guess thats one of the Dicks that did away with hunting equipment. Nothing but a few rows of fishing tackle...

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
Looking at the catalogs growing up was a real treat for me. Now basspro and cabela carry basically the same things and even the reviews on items are the same on both sites.
Well yeah, they are the same company. Just maintaining two sites. You can order what you want from either but they come from the same location.

I used to love getting the Cabelas catalogs each season growing up but I don't pay them any attention now. You can get/see everything online and usually Amazon is cheaper.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Well yeah, they are the same company. Just maintaining two sites. You can order what you want from either but they come from the same location.

I used to love getting the Cabelas catalogs each season growing up but I don't pay them any attention now. You can get/see everything online and usually Amazon is cheaper.

They send the big ones to Club Members once per year. Before the merger Cabela’s sent this big hardback. Now, it’s all paperback. Cheap arses! I save the big annual ones. Although, I don’t really know why…

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
Gander mountain ,use to be the best outdoor company ,there was to order from ,until cabales bought its mail order business .Best I remember they couldn’t sell or compete with them.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Well I actually liked Cabelas the most before it came to Ky. Everyone they have opened here is like a “outlet” compared to the northern and western stores. I could order and get what I wanted just as easy being a club member without having one local. It’s like once they started expanding the business got worse for some reason then add in the merger and it’s just not the same.

Latest posts