Basement workshop Complete

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Iceman35, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Nice work!! Im trying to figure out a storage wall for ALL my hunting gear. It will be all hand constructed and it will be a gun cabinet a wardrobe for hunting clothes and ammo storage . Also bow storage decoys calls boots the whole nine yards. Iv drew up about four sets of plans and tore em all up haha. It will be 8 ft tall and 14 ft long. Thats all i know right now lol. It will come to me

deadaim likes this.
  2. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
  3. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    I always thought a nice cedar wardrobe would be the ticket for hunting clothes

4. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    . Mine gets that way during trapping season. Concrete has a red shade to it in several spots. Need to get it straightened up here next couple weeks.

5. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Nice shop man......

6. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    Nice, i need to do something like that too, the kitchen cabinets are a good idea, I’ll b lookin out for some used ones now. Make a good reloading bench. Thanks

7. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Looks good!

I have a 9x9 room in my shop, but am moving to a room I'm finishing in my garage. It will be 16x10. Gonna have a 3 slot mudroom bench so hunters have a place to change and store their hunting clothes while here hunting. Similar to pic attached but in barnwood and no cabinet above. Room will be climate controlled. I'll have all my gear cept reloading stuff which will remain in the shop. Full bathroom in the garage, so I can shower, dress and head to the woods.

huntingroom.jpg

barney and carnivore like this.
  8. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Used cabinets in decent shape are not cheap on the open market. These are from a co-workers kitchen remodel. I had to reinforce them pretty substantially as beyond the face frame, they are all 1/4 inch plywood. His uppers fell apart when they took them down, which is why I went with shelves and not upper cabinets.

9. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I helped a freind remodel her kitchen and she gave me her old ones which went straight to my basement for my gun and bow shop.