Barnwood Deer Panels

jhale2004

6 pointer
Sep 14, 2006
Lexvegas
I have been looking for some nice rustic barnwood panels to put a shoulder mount on. Does anyone know where to find these? Are they authentic barnwood or manufactured somehow? Cant find much about them on the net. I noticed the girl on the cover of the KY hunting guide has hers on a barnwood panel. Looks nice.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
I have been looking for some nice rustic barnwood panels to put a shoulder mount on. Does anyone know where to find these? Are they authentic barnwood or manufactured somehow? Cant find much about them on the net. I noticed the girl on the cover of the KY hunting guide has hers on a barnwood panel. Looks nice.
I could make you one. I have a limited quantity of old weathered pine from 1920.

8&sand

12 pointer
Nov 21, 2008
Louisville / Eastwood, KY
I had the same idea & had my Dad save me a few pieces after his neighbor took down a old barn. Check cragslist or maybe someone with a old barn about to fall would let you have a few pieces

slimshad

8 pointer
Oct 29, 2008
USA
old barnwood looks great in or around mounts. I made shelves and frames out of it too. Good luck finding some

slimshad

8 pointer
Oct 29, 2008
USA
Here are some of the things I have in barnwood.

14u8087.jpg

And no thats not the same pic as my avatar, different year!

211ukbp.jpg

Last edited:

westkybanded

12 pointer
Feb 23, 2004
Murray, Kentucky, USA.
Find a farm that has an old barn on it, where the landowner doesn't live close by and just help yourself.

That's what folks have been doing to the old mule barn on my place for the last 5 years or so. Almost got it reduced to sticks.

jhale2004

6 pointer
Sep 14, 2006
Lexvegas