barney's Cheap Eatin' Thread

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Y"all are killing me. My wife goes in for surgery tomorrow and she is on a soup only diet.
I can't eat but a little bit of food because I don't want her to feel hungry.
I went to Lexington yesterday to get a few hard-to-find things that she needed and, on my way, back I looked at her and said I was going to stop at the steakhouse and eat. I told her it was cool enough and she would be alright staying in the car. She said she would be fine. I was just joking with her but she kept saying for me to stop and get something, but I didn't. I wouldn't do her that way.
Good wife, good man lol

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
Y"all are killing me. My wife goes in for surgery tomorrow and she is on a soup only diet.
I can't eat but a little bit of food because I don't want her to feel hungry.
I went to Lexington yesterday to get a few hard-to-find things that she needed and, on my way, back I looked at her and said I was going to stop at the steakhouse and eat. I told her it was cool enough and she would be alright staying in the car. She said she would be fine. I was just joking with her but she kept saying for me to stop and get something, but I didn't. I wouldn't do her that way.
Before I read I was joking ,I was ready to put you on ignore.My wife and I are the same way,if one can’t eat .

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
Garlic chicken with white sauce and pepperoni, mushroom, and Peppa do peppers on beer bread. We cooked them both on the Kamado @ 550 for 10 minutes. They were pure smokey goodness.
IMG_20220926_190928692_resize_39.jpg
IMG_20220926_192542500_resize_88.jpg

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
Garlic chicken with white sauce and pepperoni, mushroom, and Peppa do peppers on beer bread. We cooked them both on the Kamado @ 550 for 10 minutes. They were pure smokey goodness. View attachment 105162 View attachment 105163
Those look great!

I'm planning on lots of smoker pizza in the coming months.. The high temps are hard on gaskets, but gaskets are still cheap to replace!

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Before I read I was joking ,I was ready to put you on ignore.My wife and I are the same way,if one can’t eat .
I know the feeling. If someone says something cross to my wife that is the same thing as saying it ten fold to me and I go off.

Right now she is talking about things getting better and us having a big Thanksgiving. I sure hope so, I have lost over 35 pounds maybe more just haven't weighed myself lately. That is why Barneys and all this great looking food is killing me.

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
Looks so good. I guess Ive eaten a ton of cornsticks out of similar pans. Before I was 16. Every night as a youngster. Little Sorgum Molasses and butter and all the left over cornsticks...that was desert . And a fine one at that.

I have the pans with various configurations of servings but anymore seldom use them as we always seem to just do a 6 inch round CIS of cornbread for just the two of us.

Last edited:

Latest posts