barney's Cheap Eatin' Thread

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Yeah. And I am gonna have to put @Nock and @barney in the same Hole that I put The HOLe into if they keep this up.
It is killing me , I sold a pound cow , bull and two calves last Wednesday and thought I would buy me some smoking meat , but heck no.
I was mowing hay and had three short corner rounds to make to finish a 15 acre field and my tractor tore up. I did not know it but a set of bearings went out on the front axle hub and it never did make a sound or anything. It chewed the swivel housing up really bad . Now over $1600 in used parts and still trying to find the $182 each bearing X 2, that John Deere cant get. The smoking meat will have to wait:mad: for now. I have lost all that hay now from rain.
Have you ever seen a grown man cry? Or maybe I was so mad that my eyes watered.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
It is killing me , I sold a pound cow , bull and two calves last Wednesday and thought I would buy me some smoking meat , but heck no.
I was mowing hay and had three short corner rounds to make to finish a 15 acre field and my tractor tore up. I did not know it but a set of bearings went out on the front axle hub and it never did make a sound or anything. It chewed the swivel housing up really bad . Now over $1600 in used parts and still trying to find the $182 each bearing X 2, that John Deere cant get. The smoking meat will have to wait:mad: for now. I have lost all that hay now from rain.
Sorry to hear that, BB.

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
I hear you BB.
We just took a part off our old baler and New Holland said it was obsolete and could not get it anymore. My brother took it to a machine shop this morning and they said they could make the part that was worn. So at least we have put another band aid on it for now.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
We got 0.2 inch rain this afternoon and 3 miles away they received almost 2.0 inches. Hit and Miss.
BB, you need 2 or 3 of everything for Spares.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
We got 0.2 inch rain this afternoon and 3 miles away they received almost 2.0 inches. Hit and Miss.
BB, you need 2 or 3 of everything for Spares.
If I cut hay it will more than likely rain. Had some rain today but we needed it.
Sorry Barney we sort of got things off track .
Now lets talk Blackberries.
They are a hit and mis around this year. I did pick maybe enough tonight for a small cobbler. The ones I did pick was way better than years past. They were a lot sweeter and slightly bigger . Some patches was just drying up and never turned black to pick.

If I cut hay it will more than likely rain. Had some rain today but we needed it.
Sorry Barney we sort of got things off track .
Now lets talk Blackberries.
They are a hit and mis around this year. I did pick maybe enough tonight for a small cobbler. The ones I did pick was way better than years past. They were a lot sweeter and slightly bigger . Some patches was just drying up and never turned black to pick.

I finally picked a half gallon yesterday morning and another this evening. They’re definitely behind last year’s and a bit smaller overall but like you say sweet as they can be.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Was too busy to check blackberries today but did water them before 8am, like I did yesterday morning. Only around fifteen have dropped off into the palm of my hand thus far. I've made smoothies with them each day. There should be quite a few ready come sunrise, but I will be too busy yet again. Maybe the following day. Wish they would hurry, because not only do I wish to give some away, I also wish to relocate them and even before they go dormant.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
Yellow zucchini, chicken & peanuts stir fry.....
20220705_160303.jpg

Latest posts