barney's Cheap Eatin' Thread

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Finally fried up some shrooms. We fried over 200 and I about forgot to get a pick. Also fried up some catfish and a few trout but they was gone before I got any pics.
FB_IMG_1651280709112.jpg
FB_IMG_1651280718050.jpg

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Barney,
I normally stock up on pork butts this time of year. What prices are you seeing?
Used to I'd get them for 99 cents a pound but haven't seen that in a year. What's the price in your area?
Just curious. I know you keep up with this pretty good
Not Barney but figured I'd share, I seen some the other day in a save a lot store for $1.35 a pound but most places I been seeing them lately has been between $1.79 and $2.00 a pound. I've started buying pork shoulders instead since I been finding them between $0.99 and $1.29

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
Not Barney but figured I'd share, I seen some the other day in a save a lot store for $1.35 a pound but most places I been seeing them lately has been between $1.79 and $2.00 a pound. I've started buying pork shoulders instead since I been finding them between $0.99 and $1.29
I haven't checked Save-a-lot but thanks.
Also, pork shoulder is the same as a pork butt.

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
I haven't checked Save-a-lot but thanks.
Also, pork shoulder is the same as a pork butt.
I thought it was but the stores here list them separately and price each different. Guess they get us suckers that way. They say pork butt when it's boneless and shoulder has the bone in least here at the store I been getting mine at. The boneless usually much higher

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
I thought it was but the stores here list them separately and price each different. Guess they get us suckers that way. They say pork butt when it's boneless and shoulder has the bone in least here at the store I been getting mine at. The boneless usually much higher
I've never bought a butt without a shoulder bone in it when I shred.