barney's Cheap Eatin' Thread

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by barney, Oct 22, 2017.

1. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
  2. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    B77C583D-9702-4D9C-9E11-780B6A47F3B6.jpeg
    This stuff is like candy. Better get some if you see it.

Carl, Feedman, barney and 4 others like this.
  3. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    barney likes this.
  4. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    That’s why I took a hiatus. Having some blood work done and I had to purge this thread from mind!

Dark Cloud and barney like this.
  5. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    LOL, great to see a post from you once again, had forgotten all about you! :):cool:

The post in which you referenced was highly appropriate "Cheap Eatin", Munson. I would have uploaded a photo of the delicacy, if only I could have developed a scent link of it momentarily stinking up my kitchen, in order to share the full impact with all. I'm deeply saddened that I could not deliver upon that overpowering odor with you and others, but at least with such details provided, that "cheap eatin" can now be replicated by everyone to enjoy, especially your hairy dogs.

I have two 50lb bags of different types of expensive, dry dog food, both being snubbed and one half depleted. I am determined that my now finicky monsters will eat it, one way or another, before I purchase yet another bite for them, and that's a fact, Jack! I have valid reason supporting not putting them within their fence at this particular point in time, in order to accomplish my above stated goal. A light coat of bacon grease is all their dry dog food will receive this morning, just enough to further entice them.;)

Update: she is simply being a spoiled brat is all, as suspected. Know her like a book. She ate only a little and thinks she now gets to go scarf down more people food from our friend, Klepto's master, but sadly mistaken today she shall be. Separated from my lead boy she now finds herself, locked within the bathroom beside her bowl for the time being, with only a few bites of her doctored up expensive food eaten. She took a small, cheap dog food treat, instead, after I carefully examined her mouth.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  6. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Following morning update:

Mission accomplished.

5:00am. I just let my lead dog into the house and master bathroom to join Miss Brat, for a brief bit of company, only after discovering her food had finally been eaten at some point after 9:00pm, but will be separating them again here shortly. They work as an highly effective team and have never been separated; it was difficult upon both of them, but more so her, as intended. She was permitted outside for two potty breaks only yesterday, as well as one walk upon lead.

I entered a new bank yesterday requesting the branch manager, whom had been expecting me. To my surprise, it was Klepto the Golden Retreiver's other master (the Mrs had changed banks). After conducting business, I brought up the feeding issue. She has since dealt with her dear husband regarding feeding my dogs people food, no doubt. We shared a good laugh about it. Miss brat will receive the same expensive dry dog food this morning. Her decision determines her fate today.

7. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky

Huntress, this is Barneys cheap eating thread. I, along with others enjoy talking about and viewing pictures of our prepared meals. this is not the correct platform to post your daily Monologue. Thank you in advance for correcting this behavior

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019

Morning BoBo, just returned from a long walk throughout the subdivision with my dogs on lead. Post away with your photos. I enjoy looking at them, as well, but I actually prefer detailed breakdown of how all is prepared along with them, myself, considering such more beneficial to all.

9. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Nock likes this.
  10. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    3A369C41-D97D-40D3-BA3D-0D5FAABB8F25.jpeg
    Lunch yesterday.

Luther's Feist, Carl, bondhu and 6 others like this.
  11. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I eat those often. People stay away when I do....so it's working.

Drahts and barney like this.
  12. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    I don’t no how y’all do it.

barney likes this.
  13. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Doesn’t have that effect on me.

barney likes this.
  14. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Good stuff. Put it in a cracker or pork rind.

drakeshooter, Snareman2 and barney like this.
  15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Love 'em on crackers.

Snareman2 and barney like this.