barney's Cheap Eatin' Thread

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by barney, Oct 22, 2017.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Yes.

barney likes this.
  2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Omeprazole will eliminate your heart burn. It’s generic Prilosec. Inexpensive at Sam’s, Kroger, Walmart. One a day for two weeks, then none for two weeks, etc. no more heartburn. Thank me later.

bondhu and barney like this.
  3. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    He works a lot off ,growing that good food

4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

Probably skinny! Some of the best cooks and biggest eaters I know are the lucky ones who don’t gain much weight.

Tankt, bondhu, Snareman2 and 2 others like this.
  5. Barney posted a picture of himself a year or 3 ago and is definitely not fat. He didn’t look like what I was expecting at all lol.

Tankt, Nock, bondhu and 4 others like this.
  6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I remember that picture.

Tankt and barney like this.
  7. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    I have gained a whopping pound, topping out at 93.2 ! Oink oink!!

Never did make my tacos nor meatloaf and still craving both; thus, more ground beef was removed from the freezer a few hours ago. Leaning toward meatloaf.

Regardless, pâte feuilletée is now currently upon my kitchen countertop's horizon, just as soon as I work up the energy to seriously work up some dough. I'm craving some fried apple turnovers. Probably do some blueberry turnovers, while at it.

Winchester94 and barney like this.
  8. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Everyone’s missin barney is eating old style. Big difference in I got it at the store and made from scratch. I can’t rap my head around the time he has?o_O

barney, Dark Cloud, Mt Pokt and 2 others like this.
  9. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    That is the truth. Growing up we ate what would be called a death sentence currently. Lard, sat fat,trans fat,cholesterol,high blood pressure wasn’t a thing.

We worked our butts off and when we were not working we were busy with something. If you would have told me back then I would spend so much time typing on a phone or computer in future I would have laughed at you.

10. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    slobear you won the post of the day.
    During backker housing we ate lunches that that would put reunions to shame. Would kill me today.

11. I cut tobacco for a few families who still fed the crews in the 80s but it was a waning tradition even then around here. We’d founder nearly on fried chicken, ham, every vegetable you could imagine and all the tea you could drink. Almost like a holiday meal lol. It sure was hard to go back to work but you seemed to want to work a little harder for those folk.

12. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Tacos won the day, only because I have depleted all onions and peppers. Didn't make my own shells. Using El Paso shells. Plopped three within the oven only moments ago, because I am feeling especially piggy having skipped brunch. Oink oink! Def didn't use their mix, making my own and heavy on the ground red cayenne pepper (love it). Already had my own sauce, premade, as well. Much quicker than meatloaf. It's time to dine!

13. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    When you worked like a mule you had to eat like one.

bondhu, Brody, drakeshooter and 5 others like this.
  14. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Me too. He was next to some heavy equipment. About 6' 1"...200 lbs or so. I couldn't believe it

drakeshooter and barney like this.
  15. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    I don’t recall the pic. But hard work will keep u trim no matter what u eat. And im far from trimmed lol

drakeshooter likes this.