Bamboo fly rod value

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by NOCAMST, Jan 16, 2020.

1. NOCAMST

NOCAMST 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2017
    Central ky
    So I recently purchased a new piece of property and in the garage I found an old bamboo fly rod still in the fabric bag which was so old when I picked it up it fell apart. But anyways it’s a 3 piece bamboo fly rod made in Japan, looks to be fairly old and doesn’t appear to have ever been used. I can’t remember the name on it right off. I’m just curious if something like this has any value or if anyone knows anyone about them thanks.

2. Bee

Bee 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    If it is very old , made in Japan, and in a condition such that it fell apart, it is highly likely it has zero value as a collectors item or a fishing rod. You can take a lot of very good pictures and post them on Classicflyrodforum.com in their appraisal forum and confirm this free advice.

3. NOCAMST

NOCAMST 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2017
    Central ky
    The rod itself is in perfect condition the fabric bag it was in fell apart. But thank you for the info I will try to get some photos and post them to there and see if anyone knows anything about it thansk

4. Bee

Bee 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    I dont think japan made older bamboo rod will have any value more than a few dollars. Typically only the US made and a few British or French cane rods are sought by collectors. But do check out the site I suggested , but send very good pictures and a complete description of every thing on the rod. Good luck

5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

About 50 cents..you use to be able to buy them from Japan for about $2

6. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    Cool find. Probably not worth much $$ but if the rods in good shape pick up a reel and use it. Just make sure the eyes don't have rust on them because that will damage your line.