Ballard

Dec 2, 2013
Was drawn for Ballard hunt this week just wondering if it is worth 5 hr drive from Corinth. I have already labeled sloughs as a waste of time.

Mossy Oak Boykins

6 pointer
Sep 11, 2019
where my boykins take me
ducks are not there just talked with some friends of mine that are in ballard and their blinds are 100 yds off refuge fence they killed 1 yesterday morning 2 yesterday afternoon and havent killed anything today they say the birds are not there fwiw

Dec 2, 2013
I have 12/13th. I was there for deer quota hunt last month and hunted next to a slough in the woods and there was more than I could count. Didn't see any in the open water. I guess the blinds they offer in drawing are in the worst places.

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
I wouldn't make a 5 hour drive for it plus there's a full moon coming the 12th. But next week will be a whole different story. Some of the lower bottoms are flooded and that's about to change with the river falling.

Bowfinger

10 pointer
Nov 3, 2015
In a Concrete Submarine
Maybe they were fibbing?

Imma give you the crash course due to the fact I’m a gentleman and your a lady. 96% of what most people post in here is the truth. Now it may be belated 2-3 days and most certainly is exaggerated, but true non the less. I don’t know this Missy Boykin fella but what I do know is Carlisle and Hickman counties is loaded up. I can say that because it’s 90% or better private ground. I know otter slough is loaded up because that’s public information. I personally know a blind in the Ballard bottoms killing 10-12 a day, again, I can say this because it’s private ground. And I know Union Co. IL is loaded up because that is public information. So I just drew a big ol circle all the way around Ballard. Now the OP’s mistake was not picking up the phone and calling every day to get the bird situation at Ballard, but he’s 5 hours out, its Christmas and I’m in the spirit.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Imma give you the crash course due to the fact I’m a gentleman and your a lady. 96% of what most people post in here is the truth. Now it may be belated 2-3 days and most certainly is exaggerated, but true non the less. I don’t know this Missy Boykin fella but what I do know is Carlisle and Hickman counties is loaded up. I can say that because it’s 90% or better private ground. I know otter slough is loaded up because that’s public information. I personally know a blind in the Ballard bottoms killing 10-12 a day, again, I can say this because it’s private ground. And I know Union Co. IL is loaded up because that is public information. So I just drew a big ol circle all the way around Ballard. Now the OP’s mistake was not picking up the phone and calling every day to get the bird situation at Ballard, but he’s 5 hours out, its Christmas and I’m in the spirit.

Well, you being in the spirit might very well mess up my photography opportunities; however, I do appreciate men being gentlemen. If I felt like driving over there, in order to check right now, I would, but I simply do not (currently sick and have been for a while).

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
I'm starting to wonder about this site. We used to be filled with hate and malice. Now we're being nice and telling the truth? What's next? We actually tell Duster his snow goose mount looks good? Oh, wait. That's a lie too. Carry on.