Ballard

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Greenhead Rocker, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2006
    Columbia, Ky
    I've not been able to get out the first time this season do to my truck being in the shop but did get drawn for Ballard the weekend of the 17/18. I know this is internet scouting at its best so please PM me any info on what it's been like there this year so far and especially here lately. I know how the draw works...just needing some info so I can decide if I'm going to make the three hour drive out there. I really want to go since I've not been this season but also don't want to go completely blind with no knowledge of how the hunting has been.
    Thanks

2. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    If I had to guess I'd say most everything is frozen. I got a friend that lives in metropolis Illinois across the river from Paducah. He says they been hammering them on the river. We killed ducks in eastern Kentucky today so any things possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Louisville Ky
    2 great days at Ballard Co
    This weekend was awesome

4. WillowSlough

WillowSlough Fawn

Mar 2, 2014
    Ballard was rocking yesterday and today it sounded like a war zone yesterday if you didn't kill ducks in ballard yesterday then u probably weren't hunting

5. GroundPound

GroundPound 6 pointer

Dec 21, 2010
    Swamp Gulch
    What did you kill, couple woodies? No way your poor shooting hit a limit

6. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Louisville Ky
    We killed
    2 pintails
    2 widgeon
    2 gadwalls
    12 mallards
    6 teal
    1 shoveler
    1 ring neck
    1 speck
    For two days it was awesome

7. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Louisville Ky
    photo.jpg
    Sunday at Ballard 16 ducks 1 speck awesome weekend

8. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    Good looking pile. How have those Rogers waders held up? Ill need a new pair before next season, and those are on my list.

9. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Louisville Ky
    They are built by LaCrosse but I like them better than my last 3 sets of waders with the LaCrosse name on them.

10. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Louisville Ky
    And they were cheaper too!!!!!

11. chrispbrown27

chrispbrown27 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2011
    Carlisle county, KY
    I would sort of recommend the Rogers waders. I bought a pair last year and didn't care for how low cut they were on the sides and a few other minor things. The very last day of season they sprung a leak (hey, at least they were polite enough to wait til the last day) just above the right boot. I called Rogers immediately and they told me to mail them back, at my expense, and they would check them out. Things got hectic and the next time I thought about it was July. After calling this time I learned that they apparently had found out there was a manufacturing issue with them, but the new ones had not arrived. Once a month I called to see if the new version had come in until finally in October I was told they had. I had to email them a picture of the old waders with the leg cut off before they sent out the new ones. About a week later they arrived and the complaints about the old ones had been remedied by the new model. So far these haven't sprung a leak....but season isn't out til Sunday...I will let ya know then.
    Rogers customer service is no Cabelas, but not many have customer service like Cabelas. A few of the people I spoke too had little interest in helping me, with the exception of the last guy that I talked to. The waders seem built well, they have some great features, but if I had it to do over again I would go with something from Cabelas.....I am fairly certain that if this pair springs a leak after one year I will be in for a fight with Rogers to get anything done, but with Cabelas I am confident they would do what is right. The price is good, don't get me wrong, but if a little more cash means I buy from a company I can be confident in then it is worth it.

12. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Louisville Ky
    Why is it we start killing birds at Ballard and the activity sheets quit getting reported on KDFW web site. I would like to see how the area did last week.

13. kyblackmallard

kyblackmallard 10 pointer

Sep 18, 2006
    Because it's still crooked as a question mark......? See...

14. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Louisville Ky
    Thanks guys it up now and Ballard WMA whacked and Stacked this pass weekend.