Ballard draw

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by beastac57, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    What ever happened to that dude on here who claimed to be the whistle blower of all the ballard blind corruption? He had more than one meltdown on here, about it.

Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  2. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    I can't remember his name. But that was good times.

3. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Art something..

4. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    Art Carney.

Ballard should be halfway decent this year if flooding stays down. Last year, it was a huge refuge the whole year. I was hunting the day it opened back up and like Rob said, those guys did well. I should've went public and tried to get drawn that day but didn't think about it until it was too late. There shouldn't be an issue of corn flooding out like there was last year. Some private guys are already holding water.

carnivore likes this.
  5. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'

Art did good! He had insider info that he benefitted from as he admitted but later made public which helped in the long run to clean up the KDFWR.

beastac57 and Meatstick like this.
  6. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    How long has Ballard been a WMA?

Reason I ask, now that you can kind of roam around in your drawn area to an extent you start finding interesting stuff in the woods and around those sloughs. I ran across an old concrete blind in the woods that was up from a slough. Had to be an old duck blind. Kind of curious if it was an old "commissioner blind" or if it pre-dated it being an actual wma. It definitely wasn't a goose pit from the goose days down there.

7. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    That fella fought with everybody. On this and a few other forums under the same name. Things sure quieted down when he left.

8. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I'm just going off stories I have heard but late 50s to early 60s from what I have heard?

9. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I left message in Frankfort late yesterday afternoon with inquiry. It is rather interesting the information is not easily fetched online.

I know that my father regularly hunted there prior to its development but never asked him. I have encountered a man there twice in the past, learning that he knows my father. He and his wife were taking a cutting from a flowering tree, which once belonged to his family.

We ran across each other on the WMA a few years later upon my return to Kentucky. He remembered me, which surprised me, just as it surprised him that I had recalled him and the tree. That's when he explained that portion of the property was previously his grandmother's (he may have said mother..no longer recall, simply don't think so).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    FOWLER2671 likes this.
  10. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    Yea but the only reason Art turned them in was because they cut him out of the club.

11. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    What ever works!!!

It turned out better for the average Joe! I have personally been pushed out of a spot at Boatwright and Personally CAUGHT them doing it in 2005 so I raised much hell also!

12. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    That's the thing about corruption, it eventually gets ya. I'm fine with the outcome. He was a weird cat, though.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  13. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    The innocent never have insider information... It takes someone who has seen the underbelly.

Marsh CallUser likes this.
  14. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    Look I agree with you on putting a spotlight on corruption. I just find it hypocritical to be in the club and then when you get kicked out, you go screaming like a baby in kindergarten telling the teacher.

BootsOn27 likes this.
  15. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    Is there a more effective means to expose corruption? I accidentally caught them... I had a spot that allows two boats daily(Wilson) on Boatwright. I was killing limits of greenheads EVERY DAY. No other boat showed up to hunt it for a solid week... The next week I had to go back to work on Weds. On Thursday, I over slept just a bit (20 minutes) and showed up after the draw crowd had left..... I asked for Wilson again and was told it was full.... OK, I took another spot right next to it... Just as I was leaving, A hummer pulled up with a brand new rig... I put the boat in and ran 3 miles and decided to check out Wilson.... Not a boat to be seen and as mentioned, TWO (2) boats were allowed on it......? I decided to hunt where I had been hunting... Low and behold here come the Hummer boys pulling up on me telling me that Charley Wilkins told them to hunt this EXACT spot and to not let any locals bother them!

I am the most stubborn SOB in the World when I figure out that I'm getting shafted! I invited them to hunt with me but told them I'm not about to move. Dumbasses managed to wing one duck while I shot 4 greenheads by 0730....

The next day I took a friend and we showed up on time.... We were the 4th drawn and asked for Wilson but were told it was "full".... No one else had asked for Wilson out of the three previous groups drawn......?

We made the three mile run again only to see the same boat show up at daylight on Wilson...

It taught me to lie on the kill cards as they will use the info against you! If I had not overslept, I would not have caught them...

Talk bad about Art if you want but he brought first person info which helped to cut down or eliminate some of the corruption. Hypocrisy be damned if wrongs get corrected!

I may have scared a few down there as "Wilson" as a hunt area is no longer on the map.....? I have no good idea why they would remove it but it happened not too long after I caught them.