Baiting Illegal!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by maxcam, Aug 25, 2006.

1. LoweBow

LoweBow 8 pointer

Jan 10, 2003
    Shelby Co.

Looking is one thing, but proving is the other.
    Kinda like my wife telling me I can look all I want, but touching is out of the question! She really can't prove I'm looking. LOL

The actual # of turkeys taken by archery is miniscule in the grand scheme of things as it doesn't touch the mortality of winter. Aren't these birds insugnificant as #'s go anyways?

2. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Obviously, you can do as you will......

That being said, I sincerely hope you'll reconsider.......

Reasons??

First and foremost MOST here do NOT understand what WE are faced with daily.......including the poaching (though it's no doubt true some NEED the meat to survive, as for MY part I don't blame THEM, I'd feed my family too).....Thank God I've not had to do that.......

We though we come from the same "place" may not agree on everything, but we KNOW what it IS here........is THAT important enough for you to stick around? OR will YOU leave me to be THE voice of our area alone???

I will do it either way, I'd hope you'd stick around though so it's not only my word, and POST the truth.......please at least think about it???

thanks Nathan......I'd hate for you to leave for any reason......

BTW Tom (Multi) is a great guy who has done more for all of us than most here may realize.......I'll never forget that, and I respect him more for that than I have the words to express.......HE is one of a kind (in several ways).....

I'd much rather have him on our side........and beleive me we are ALL better off that he IS......

NOW some don't like his style (or mine for that matter), BUT what is important I think IS who IS on our side and who IS not.............and who's position can be used against us all later........please everyone think on those points.......

I respect most everyone who posts here (though I may not always agree with what they say..........Big surprise) :D

3. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    We could easily do away with fall turkey season and end the debate on baiting all together then! :rolleyes:

4. CM12

CM12 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2004
    Knott Co.
    I swear I thought I heard violins playing softly.

[​IMG]

5. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    That is what I have heard stated before!

6. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005

I thought it was the sound of lips puckering against the posterior of another! :cool:

7. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    Yeah, proving is a problem, you got to be there. The CO's don't have time to police it, so they ignore it. The problem is, it won't go away. I'm surprised the 3rd wouldn't step up and be the leader on what needs to be done.

Just because they might die anyway isn't any reason tio allow bowhunters to poach at will. Same argument Maxi and crew used not long ago against the crossbow expansion. We couldn't afford to loose any turkeys then, now then it's OK to allow unlimited baiting by a whole lot of archers.

8. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY

Yeah, "OK", IF that IS what they're interested in! But what IF They want tio Deer hunt like Dad??? Oh I see. thier problem??? NO it's OUR problem, things are NOT like they were even 10 years ago, much less 30.......I think most realize that don't you? :D

Besides, do YOU know how many squaks and rabbits will come to a feeder in cool weather, while the youth IS watching???? Guess that "doesn't matter"??? See I don't agree........ :D

IF we don't stop worrying about how every other hunter chooses to hunt, SOON we won't have to worry at all imho , there willl be NONE (hunters) to be concerned about..........never forget WE have the AHG with MILLIONS of $$$ to see that happen, and sadly at this rate, I think they just might!!.

Divide and _____________ (fill in the blank) then convince me they are not doing exactly that.........

9. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.

How easy would that be????

10. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    YEP! YOUR lips........Ronnie's........... :D :D :D

Thanks for finally admitting it btw!

11. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    NOT over bait, shall I remind YOU of what YOU and others stated about that?? I'll remind YOU now that cb ARE archery , that's impossible to dispuute with facts btw......... :D

Please keep on reminding me of who was "there" and who only posts......btw :D

I do have to wonder "in the long run" though, which careies more REAL weight don't you??? ;)

See?

I can(and will) "gig" back........and do a fine job at it.....:D

12. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Pretty easy actually , just put him in charge of the Turkey flocks!! :D:D :D :D :D

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Hmmmm, I guess Ill have to be careful when Im feeding my free roaming chickens now huh?:D In all seriousness its not unusal for turkeys to come down and eat the chop that the chickens didnt finish:confused: Surely I wouldent get hit over this. Common sense would have to take over somewhere Im sure.

14. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Maybe, maybe not.......I'd be 100% sure I could show the CO that I WAS in fact feeding chickens.......IF this stands 'as is"......otherwise you'll either pay the fine OR take your day in court.......:eek:

15. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    You know that would be a sad, sad day:( A man getting a ticket for feeding his chickens 100 feet from his house.:eek: Ive been in Law enforcement for a while myself and I would see the difference. Every LEO is different though. I seriously doubt that it would ever happen but if I did get a ticket for feeding my chickens you can bet Id take my chances in court.