Baiting Illegal!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by maxcam, Aug 25, 2006.

1. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Due to the concern of disease transmission in turkey and at the request of the law enforcement officers the commission has ruled to outlaw baiting with feed,seed, and pelletized feed. The ban will go into effect next year from March 1st thru July 31st.

2. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    This will be interesting.

3. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    So it's only in effect from 3/1 to 7/31?

4. DW

DW 8 pointer

Sep 3, 2004
    Pilot View, KY.
    About Time! Glad to hear it.

5. DW

DW 8 pointer

Sep 3, 2004
    Pilot View, KY.
    Wish they would extended it longer. Sounds like they are trying to put the HUNT back into hunting.

6. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    As far as hunting goes, baiting is no different than hunting over a food plot when you really break it down.

7. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    I think it is different during turkey season. Which is why I am assuming the change is taking place during those months. I think it will make the LE's jobs easier.

8. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    You are on to something there, I am in the DEER hunting forum, so my mind wasn't on turkey season:D

9. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    You have a very good point there. I think he is just letting everyone know I saw it in the trailcam forum also. This is not going to set well with people that use the cameras all year. I don't think.

10. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    You are right about that. I have seen some great pics come from bait piles.

11. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    The good news is that time of year the mineral licks are getting hit hard.

12. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Ok now let me get this straight,they are outlawing the feeding of deer and turkey, I said feeding because i dont know of any place in the nation that bans the feeding of deer only hunting over bait, since deer season is not in during those months it would be illegal for the little old lady to feed deer in her backyard? How you gonna enforce that? I was "busted" shooting doves over a baited field once and the guy who baited it didn't even get a ticket because he wasn't hunting just running the shoot. Hunting over bait for turkeys has always been illegal so whats new?

Wademup--- wondering if I misunderstood the original post

13. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Think guys, think!!! It's like banning smoking, it doesn't make sense at first but but it's the begining, a little at a time. Watch, within 5 years Kentucky will totally outlaw baitting year round. They are going to outlaw "feeding" altogether before this is over.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  14. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    When they outlawed spotlighting I was crushed but I understood the reasons for it. I think it has made it easier to catch poachers because of that. I also think this will help LE to catch poachers. If everyone played by the rules then they wouldn't have to make more laws. I might be wrong about this only time will tell but I don't think this is the begining of the end like some believe.

15. fusion308

fusion308 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    I am cornfused ,someone tell me the reasons for this.I know this is going to cost the farmers alot more crop damage. Why only during these months?