Bag-R-Buck, have you tried it?

mapman

6 pointer
Aug 10, 2004
TN
First off guys, I do know the guy who makes this stuff, but I am in no way associated with his company. I just wanted to share with ya'll something that has really worked for me. I've been using it for several years now, especially for photo inventory from June-Sept... I've used most all attractants, minerals, home mixes, you name it, and nothing has worked as well as this stuff. Since it drips from a bag it lasts a long time too. Most of my setups will have a 1'+ hole dug within 2 weeks of setup. I start the lick by wetting the bag in a bucket (about a 1/2-1 gallon of water is plenty), until it starts running brown... After digging (just a few inches), mainly clearing debris, an area 3' or so diameter under the bag, I'll pour the liquid in there to start the lick, or I will take some bulk stuff (which he sells too) and pour it under the bag, to start the location.

I was curious if anyone else has been using it. I like to share things that really work well since there is so much gimick stuff out there... I really like the DLC type cameras too...I'm thinking about trying a new Reconyx someday as well...

If you have any questions let me know, or e-mail/call him.

Last edited by a moderator:

skin_dog1

BBBC Members
Jan 2, 2004
Bowling Green, KY, USA.
I've not personally used it yet. I've got a couple bags to put out thsi summer (thanks for the reminder). I've got several buddies that used them last year and had great success. One guy had a camera in a pinch point for a month with only a couple pictures. Within a week after putting up the bag he was getting 150-300 pics daily in the same spot. Deer weren't using the area before the bag and were afterwards. It didn't matter in the end cause he never killed a deer on the farm, but he did get some killer pics.

mapman

6 pointer
Aug 10, 2004
TN
I tried two of them about 2-3 years ago and they were a complete waste of money. To my knowledge the deer never touched them.

I've put out about 30 bags over the last several years and only about 3 or 4 did not produce. I found that ones placed a good distance from a field were not as used, or if you place them under a heavy canopy (no rain to make it drip). I also suspect, and this is just theory, that certains soils do not mix well with the stuff in the bag making it not as attactive. Also, you have to make sure you clear all debris, has to be soil. Best setup that is consistent for me is to hang the bag on a field edge (ag best), and no more than about 30 yards or so inside the woods...and watch the canopy...

bgdeerhunter

6 pointer
Aug 10, 2008
warren county
Yes I have used it and still do, seems to work good as a mineral lick, of course I been putting salt out for years and they tear it up too, but the bag-r-buck is suppose to have the right stuff for the deer so I use it too. Have yet to put it out and not get a hole in the ground. I will take a bag and cut it open and pour it out then hang one up, seem to get more attention faster.

BadDuck

12 pointer
Aug 13, 2007
Bullitt County
I tried two of them about 2-3 years ago and they were a complete waste of money. To my knowledge the deer never touched them.

I received several of them for free a few years back. I can say without a doubt that I am very glad that I didnt have to pay for them. never got a single pic or had a single deer sighting anywhere close to one of those bags.

Latest posts