Badgers in KY???

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by WKYWTKILLER, Nov 20, 2010.

1. jennifer t 74

jennifer t 74 Fawn

Sep 17, 2016
    I have lived on a piece of property in south central ky for about ten years now, where a certain scary, grouchy badger dude has been living in our woods, near caves and streams; and i'm not sure if he's reproducing or just having a very lucky lifespan streak, but he scares the hell out of all of us! I will spit on anyone who says ky doesn't have badgers. And also, when I was young and traveling and headed from ky to new orleans, I saw a dead armadillo on the side of the interstate roughly around Alabama which I never expected to see in that region..so... Who's to say what you see where... I know as a birdwatcher, there are always the ones labeled "accidentals". I've been a semi-competitve birdwatcher for 20 years and I know how to spot identifying color and markings on just about anything.....So. Now someone tell me how to solve my coyote problems, plz..... :p Trying to camp for a prolonged amt of time, and coyotes seems to be triangulating me at night. YELP :p :D

2. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Hot lead solves coyotes pretty good.

3. gds

gds 8 pointer

Jan 2, 2005
    NORTHERN KY.
    I saw a badger near my house (Boone Co.) about ten years ago. That fall I was talking to some coon hunters that caught one about two miles from where I saw it. They said that their dogs caught it on the ground and when the fight started they knew right away that the dogs were getting the worst end of the fight so they killed it . That's the only one that I've ever seen or heard of in this area.

4. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    So your saying I need to start training my wiener dog (badger killers)?

5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Just what we need, more taxus.

6. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    This is the best post of this resurrected thread!

7. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    After Hillary wins we may all be shouting Wolverines !!

Nock likes this.
  8. Now that is the best post so far, lol

Never seen a Badger here in KY. Seen em out west in the Dakotas though. Now, I have seen two Mtn Lions here in KY over the years. Both is the Eastern end (Floyd/Knott). My sister had one on her farm for about a year in Floyd a few years back (2013/14). It killed one of her dogs and cut up two more. She saw it three times. State Trooper killed one in Fleming County about 2013. Another KSP staffer in Rowan swears he has a black panther on his farm, but that is just hearsay. Not admissible in a court of law. It has been many years since I seen one myself but I don't have as much time to hunt these days. I spotted a track of one in Greenup Co. about 2012 while hiking. Maybe it was hunting the badgers? ;)

Irish

9. SlowBow

SlowBow Spike

Nov 5, 2015
    Henderson Co., KY
    I found one's(armadillo) shell at LBL 2yrs ago while bowhunting. Not far from Mammoth Furnace bay.