Bad shot

3PointSlayer

6 pointer
Aug 3, 2021
Between The Bridges
Well I hit a good buck. I know I hit him low but couldn’t tell how low. I shot and he done the big mule kick. He ran about 30 yards and walked in the woods. I found my arrow and there was hardly any blood on it. But it passed through there wasn’t any hair but there was fat on the arrow. I followed blood for about 75 yards. Little spots about the size of a penny mostly. Best blood was the first 40 yards. I’m thinking non lethal but him walking had me thinking low liver. Going in the morning to check. Any ideas would be helpful.

3PointSlayer

6 pointer
Aug 3, 2021
Between The Bridges
This is best blood

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 129

WaterDog88

12 pointer
Jul 28, 2008
Kentucky
Probably meat and no organs but if you want piece of mind there’s a lot of people who offer tracking dogs. Usually just want gas money to and from. You may be able to find him laying down and get a finishing shot on him. I’ve seen that first hand a few times on non lethal hits.

Here’s a number to a dog named Timber I follow on insta. 502-249-1732. Don’t know where they’re from but from the looks of the posts he’s been busy the past 2 days.

Last edited:

Snareman2

12 pointer
Feb 25, 2007
Blood loss will make them thirsty. Got any creeks, ponds, River, lakes, or springs around? I would check them out in the morning. Also, most tracking handlers don’t want a messed up area, if you choose to go with one of them, call before you go disturbing or messing around, they might want to come on over and get their dog on the track before everybody gets to covering up what the deer left behind. Good Luck.

Snareman2

12 pointer
Feb 25, 2007
Oh, another thing, a big healthy fat deer might not bleed a bunch if the hole gets plugged up by the animals fat.

cedar creek

10 pointer
Sep 7, 2014
I’d say he lived, that’s not much blood, I’ve done same thing and ended up shooting same deer during rifle season and found the spot we’re I hit with arrow, deer are tough but a good search is worth the time

Latest posts