Backwater Trespassing Law...

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by bmason, Jan 20, 2013.

1. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    Back in the day (15-20 years ago) I used to grind them down there with a farmer in that area named Phillip Powell. Only place in my life I have seen a Duck Tornado well actually several at the same time.

Mayes

2. caveman12

caveman12 Spike

Feb 2, 2010
    Fulton Co
    He still lives in the same house on Picture Show Rd in the curve. Ambergs have a blind in that low spot between his house and 94 HWY. That area right in there is spring snow goose central. Will be a huge wheat crop down there this year so the white geese will be there.

3. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry

I have not talked to him in years. He was a super nice guy and he had a septic tank pit in a field we used to pop the geese in. I am not much on shooting sky carp for some reason. I also one time almost lost a crip goose to a bald eagle in a foot of snow. Good times back then but small limits on ducks

Mayes

4. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    Is that the place where you shot the guys barrel off ?

Better hope he don't remember that.

5. caveman12

caveman12 Spike

Feb 2, 2010
    Fulton Co
    If you know anyone that does like to shoot the white geese, get them to get in touch with me. I'll put em in contact with several farmers who will be more than happy for them to hunt. Bald Eagle population has also boomed around here. There's, I think, 18 nests between upper bottom and #8 Island. Wish the dark geese were here like they used to be.

6. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    Was not me that would have been Chip's doing.

Mayes

7. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    Bald Eagle YUMMY!!! Nothing tastes quite like it except for the Great Horned Owl

Mayes

8. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

Baby Seal T-loin is pretty good.

9. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    Game warden in Union County runs everyone off private property on high water.

10. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    Thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread with the high waters coming/or already here.

11. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Green Jeans ain't got enough boats to get us all.

12. blackmamba

blackmamba Spike

Aug 15, 2008
    henderson
    First - I would like to order some more popcorn for this thread Second - why so much hate for landowners - not all are selfish elitist
    p---ks as suggested , and third - why would you want to make your defense barrister so much money representing you over the chance to shoot a few ducks on someone else's land just to prove a point. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Please make mine with extra butter.

13. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Haves vs have nots man. Been happening since the beginning of time.

Make my popcorn a large tub.

14. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.
    It's a shame the law could not be easy to understand instead of " interpretation "
    But, then again " by lawyers , for lawyers"
    BoB

BoB

15. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Oxbow that drains into river that at low water levels is not accessbile by boat but at higher levels is, is that legal to hunt?