Backpack Recommendation

3PointSlayer

6 pointer
Aug 3, 2021
Between The Bridges
Hey guys, I'm looking for some good recommendations for a descent pack. I sometimes have to walk a couple miles in. What i'm looking for is one I can strap 3 or 4 climbing sticks to. As well as hold a platform and some smaller stuff. The one I use now is just a cheap wal-mart pack that I have rigged with wire ties. The sticks are always coming loose. Let me know if you have a good setup that you would like to share. Thanks

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
I have Eberlestock and Exo. Both work great for me but I'm not packing a stand and sticks with me. I'm not familiar with a pack designed for what you want. You may look at a pack frame or check out the NEW Lone Wolf stands/stick/backpack system. Pricey but designed for the mobile hunter.

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
Alps makes some great packs. I’ve got a couple I use for different style hunts. Pack frame style seems to be what you need. One of them I have is pack frame with a detachable pack on it. On it I’ve mainly used it for packing out elk. Its got several nice straps for attaching things plus the pack has a huge long main compartment with compartments on the side for like a spotting scope or shooting sticks.

Bill Nagle

Spike
Jun 25, 2019
Menifee County, KY

Some call me paranoid.
its not Paranoid if the bastards are after ya ..... lol

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
Hey guys, I'm looking for some good recommendations for a descent pack. I sometimes have to walk a couple miles in. What i'm looking for is one I can strap 3 or 4 climbing sticks to. As well as hold a platform and some smaller stuff. The one I use now is just a cheap wal-mart pack that I have rigged with wire ties. The sticks are always coming loose. Let me know if you have a good setup that you would like to share. Thanks
You live anywhere close to an army surplus store? They normally have modular rucks that can be configured to your needs and won’t break the bank.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Thanks, I'll check some of these out today.
I just won this backpack and received it Saturday. Very nice pack. A bit smaller than a couple of others I use. Google outdoorsman store. In Phoenix suburb.
Screenshot_20220816-082633_Chrome.jpg