Back on 2 wheels!!!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by carnivore, Jul 13, 2019.

1. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Had to sell my motorcycle when my daughter was born, and while I always wanted another, there are too many things that rank higher on the priority list. I rent a bike when i travel from time to time.
    Tonight my FIL gave me his bike. He has had health issues and has not rode it in almost ten years but is attached to it and has no interest in selling it for the 3-5k its worth. Told me he’d like to see me and my wife enjoy it and im not to sell it while he is alive. Im absolutely blown away and cant sleep a wink. Honda VTX 1300 (think its an 05) 7k miles. Probably looking at new tires, a battery, plugs, wires, hoses, filters, and fluids to be back on 2 wheels again. I am truly blessed.

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Ride it in his honor, I bet he would enjoy photo's taken of places he never got to ride of you two and his bike. Ride safe,,,,wind in your hair....enjoy.
    I wish I had my hotrod 900 Z1 Kaw back many times. The guy I sold it to died and I never heard what happen to the bike. He had no kids of close family so who knows where it ended up at.
    My oldest daughter with my rocketship, 140 mph in a 1/4 mile in track mode. a bit more than 900 cc, 1350 to be exact. Would not lift the front wheel but smoke the rear in 4 out of 5 gears with a 5 inch wide slick on the back. Quite a few modifications to the old gal to swap from street to track mode and I had one of the best tuners work on it if we were taking it to US30 Dragstrip.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    carnivore and ojibwa62 like this.
  3. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Very nice of him. Lots of fun ahead. Sounds like he thinks a lot of you to do that. Buddy of mine has a vtx 1300. Seems like a really good bike. Nothing like taking a little trip out on the weekends on a bike. I’m like you I had a bike for a while but when kids was small sold it. I got back into bikes again in 2003. Had one ever since. Right now I got a 2014 Harley street glide ,love it. Got a pic to post of your new ride?

ojibwa62 likes this.
  4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    Thank God you didn't buy a Harley!

5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    Loved the old Z1s , all that power and speed on skinny tires , bad breaks and handling that was so so , but bad ass in a straight line....
    kinda reminds me of an old muscle car.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  6. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
  7. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Was that a four cylinder or three ?
    I had a Kawasaki 750 3 cylinder that ran like a bat out of hell . My brother had bought it a puttered around with it and when he decided to sell it , I bought it . That thing would do 120 in a blink of the eye and more. Looking back it is a wonder I did not get hurt , but I liked speed.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  8. Genesis 27:3

Genesis 27:3 8 pointer

Oct 13, 2018
    Christain county
    Awesome!wrecked my Harley in 2005 doing 65 miles an hour.one of the times god spared my life. quit riding after that.good luck though.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    ojibwa62 likes this.
  9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    4 cyl..

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Ill post a pic once i get a chance. He asked me to help him in the barn when he talked to me about taking it and showed it to me. Might be a few weeks before i get it trailered to my place but i also want to ride NOW lol. We are headed to Brooksville lake in Indiana to take the kids out on the pontoon boat today. I think im going to get it cleaned up and running myself rather than taking it into the shop. Might still need tires, i did not look to hard. And did not want to seem like i was kicking tires on a free bike.
    I owned an 03 1100 Honda Sabre in the past, and i rent road glides almost every year when i travel.

11. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I really like the new road glides!

drakeshooter and Genesis 27:3 like this.
  12. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    Not going to say anything negitive about Harleys..

95% of all the Harley's ever made are still on the road, the other 5% made it home. lol

Actually they are building a bike I kind of like ( I did like the Buells)

Kinda like the street fighter.
    downloadfile-1.jpg

13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    You live in the wrong place to not be a Harley guy! Peacemaker farm is right up the road...all Harley’s! My BIL has owned some sweet Harley’s. He and my sis just did a vacay out west in his Harley. He’s not currently active with the Peacemakers but still Harley riders.

14. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    Dude you should go to NH , I think it's mandatory that every household own at least one Harley, during the summer especially on the weekends you couldn't go outside with out hearing the drone of Harleys..

Last summer they had a concert at Peacemaker farm , we are a mile away and could here it like you were there..

It's not the Harley I dislike it's "some" of the Harley owners. Can you please just idle at a red light and not sit there and rev your bike. I get it it's loud!

FOWLER2671 and xbokilla like this.
  15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Ordered breakfast at a Denny’s up the road a few months back and when I pulled in I parked by the sweetest looking Indian I’ve ever seen. Never been a bike guy but this thing was awesome. I definitely see the fascination and attraction. My Sis and BIL have been out west, all over Florida, most of the southern states on theirs.