auto clay thrower

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Vaught-Farms, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Vaught-Farms

Vaught-Farms Spike

Oct 7, 2008
    centertown
    Anyone have one of these i was looking at buying one any recomendations dos and donts looking at the aerial assault by do all?

2. labwild

labwild 6 pointer

Jan 29, 2006
    Mercer Co., Ky.
    I have an Outers SST (now Champion). These models sold for around $1200. It worked well till I cut the foot release cord (my fault). I am considering a ProMatic to replace it. I shoot trap and would like to get a machine that simulates ATA style trap.

3. Triton

Triton 10 pointer

Dec 7, 2006
    Highway to HELL
    Get ya a good ol hand thrower. Cant beat em..

4. skeetshooter105

skeetshooter105 6 pointer

Jan 4, 2005
    Hardin County Swamps
    Promatic. Tops in that price range. We have one at the Sonora Gun Club (Stucker Farm) that has thrown thousands of targets without problem one...Be sure and get the 12 volt convertor rather than running it on a battery..

5. WHOHA

WHOHA Spike

Feb 3, 2008
    Breckinridge Co.
    My buddy and I went in on one this summer, and we have really enjoyed it, the only problems we have ran into is after several weekends of shooting the thrower will from time to time start breaking targets, and once or twice decided to go into auto mode and starting automatically throwing targets (It ain't supposed to do that) however after resetting it and tightening up the spring etc. seems to correct the problem. I also have another friend who owns one and he has had the same issues. They can be a bit frustrating at times, but with a little "tune up" from time to time she'll run just fine.