atv utv seed spreaders

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by crowedog, Dec 24, 2013.

1. crowedog

crowedog 6 pointer

Jul 14, 2011
    mt washington
    what type atv seeder do you all use on your utv . how do you mount it . thanks

2. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    I have a Moultrie spreader. It had a mounting kit that came with it, and mounts to the back rack on the 4-wheeler. I have used mine to spread all kinds of seeds, lime, and fertilizer. Had to replace the motor once, and it was easy to order from Moultrie.

3. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    This is the one I have but I mounted it to the front so I could watch what was going on with the seed and have my sprayer on the back. It has worked fantastic for a couple of years. Mounting to the front does make spreading lime a pain and corrodes the ATV if you dont get it washed off.

4. crowedog

crowedog 6 pointer

Jul 14, 2011
    mt washington
    what I want to know is how do people mount these spreaders to a side x side . what type works best .

5. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County

Personally, I've never seen one on a UTV. I have a Polaris Ranger, and use it to spray with, but have no idea how to mount a spreader to the back. I am sure somebody makes one, and you might start by looking up some info on the internet.

6. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    You'd have to have a receiver mounted spreader on a UTV. A fully loaded spreader will bend the rear rack on a ATV.

7. MaxandWill

MaxandWill Fawn

Jan 7, 2006
    One mans opinion.
    I went another route and bought a heavy duty pull behind spreader from my local Rural King.
    My main reason is that I am not reliant on just my ATV for spreading. I can use the ATV, tractor, truck or just about anything that rolls to pull it and no battery is needed.
    Obviously if you have rough or hilly terrain to deal with it will have limitations.

8. crowedog

crowedog 6 pointer

Jul 14, 2011
    mt washington
    I have a spreader that goes on my tractor but the tractor weighs around 7000 lbs and tears the heck out of my fields in the winter and spring when over seeding pasture and hay fields I had a spreader on my grizzly 660 but sold it and now have a Honda side x side it will float over the soft ground better I just want to figure out a way to mount a spreader to it on the back