Asat camo ???

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by PARKBOY, Jan 22, 2012.

1. PARKBOY

PARKBOY Fawn

Dec 3, 2011
    Marion co. Lebanon, ky
    Anyone use this camo? Im gonna be buying some camo and was looking at there stuff or any other suggestions are welcome.

2. Davidlondon4

Davidlondon4 12 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Laurel County

I have been using it for deer and turkey for a long time.The first time I bought it the main background color was actually gray.It was changed to a light brown shortly after that.If you get the 3-d leafy suit it may be more versatile for you since you can just wear it over any other clothes you have.Animals appear to look right thru you.It helps break up your human profile and being a lighter pattern it doesnt appear like a dark blob at a distance.The last I got I actually bought off their website.There are other companies selling the ASAT pattern other than the main company and IMO some of those make a higher quality product (material wise) than the main company itself.

3. PARKBOY

PARKBOY Fawn

Dec 3, 2011
    Marion co. Lebanon, ky
    Thanks for the reply. Any suggestion on those other companies selling the asat pattern?

4. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    2011_0903JRinKY0032.jpg

2011_0903JRinKY0049.jpg

ATACS Camo. Is this what you were talking about?, Camo dip by Brothers Hydrographics Rogersville,. Tenn.
    I think it is absolute the ultimate camo.

5. Davidlondon4

Davidlondon4 12 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Laurel County
    The camo above isnt ASAT but the colors are somewhat similar.ASAT's pattern is somewhat different.

6. Davidlondon4

Davidlondon4 12 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Laurel County
    Below is a good example of the ASAT pattern.

ASATCamo.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  7. yotechaser

yotechaser 6 pointer

Jul 2, 2010
    no warning shot, KY.
    Never have used the ASAT camo.....but it does break up the human outline.
    I find that natural gear seems to work best for me in almost any terrain. I have also used predator camo.
    But I really like the looks of the M2D camo as it also blends in with the ground like natural gear.

8. Davidlondon4

Davidlondon4 12 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Laurel County
    Here are a few more pics of the ASAT.Some are black and white.In one the guy is only wearing camo bottom in the tree stand pic.Several nice camos out there and Predator and Natgear are just two of them.I wasnt familiar with the M2D but it looks great as well.

AsatCamo2.jpg AsatCamo4.jpg AsatCamo6.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  9. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    ASAT works great. IMO, any large pattern camo is much better than mossy oak, realtree, etc. (i own them all)

10. Davidlondon4

Davidlondon4 12 pointer

Dec 2, 2004
    Laurel County
    Here is a picture of the first ASAT camo I ever purchased.Bought it many years ago mailorder from a place in Georgia.The background for the pattern at that time was gray.I am not sure how long ago that was but it could have been between 15 and 20 years ago.I really cant remember.I actually still have this set but havent worn it in years.I like the brown background better.

GreyASAT.jpg