As bad as i hate this

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Mainbeam, Nov 8, 2018.

1. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Ky
    That’s great. Hell of a buck. Congrats.

2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Holy crap. Be awhile topping that one. Congrats.

3. dirthole

dirthole 8 pointer

Feb 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    Lonnie tell Cody congratulations on a nice buck, that’s a heck of a deer. Like I said the other day the big boys are on the move right now.

4. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Great buck. Congrats to your son.

5. huntmadd

huntmadd 8 pointer

Oct 2, 2003
    Henry,Kentucky, USA.
    Congrats man huge buck !!!!

6. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Congrats to your boy!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 6 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    Oh my what a deer. Congrats to him. How old is he? Can't wait to see trail cam pics you have from year to year.

8. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Ok heres the story. A few weeks ago i trimmed shooting lanes in a super tight pinch point bordering a heavily used bedding area. And trimmed for a hour on the killing tree so you could get up it in a climber. But i told a buddy on this forum ol Buckson that i had hung the perfect set for a big deer. The wind hasnt been right for two going on three weeks until yesterday. My boy went and saw a spike and few does. So today i asked him to help me take a buddystand down in there so me and my daughter could hunt it during gun. We get down to the tree and he said daddy daddy stop look down there . There was a 140 inch ten bedded at 60 yrds. We sat the stand down and videoed him and then we backed out. Deer never had a clue we was there. So we come home and he said dad reckon i oughta go over there id love to kill that deer. So he grabbed his gear and went over there. I was anxiously waiting for a report. I get a text he said im in and the deers gone. I said ok sit tight . So a few minutes go by and i get a text. Cody said a doe come through and a giant buck was with her and she had picked him off and would not stop blowing. Said the buck was at 60 yrds just watching. He said if this doe blew once she blew twenty times. I told him get the hell off the phone and be prepared.so he quit texting me. I was getting my trapping gear organized and a buddy was here with me and all of a sudden i heard my phone ringing. I walked over and saw it was my boy. I answered and let me tell you something. That boy was a wreck. He said dad for some crazy reason this buck came on through the pinch point and i bleated and grunted and he wouldnt stop so he was at thirty yrds and i let the arrow fly and it looked good. Im almost for certain he was in tears. So i grabbed some lights and me and a friend headed to the farm. We met up with cody and his damn legs were still shaking so bad i was like so how big is he? He said dad i dont know i never seen one that big before he said maybe 170. So we found the arrow and it was coated with bright red blood. We took up the trail and it was minimal at best. So we kept tracking up the creek and ran plum out of blood. We did twenty yrd corcles for an hour and couldnt find nothing. Thats when i was inquiring about. Allseason hunter. I could tell he was heart broke but the arrow told a story of a great hit. We finally found blood smeared on a tree and he had doubled back heading right toward the stand. And then we jumped him. We heard him run about fifty yrds and crashed. We found yet another bed and then i was on the phone with allseason hunter and i heard them up in front of me saying oh my god oh my god look what a buck. He said dad its a miracle i got a shot at this deer . He said that doe would bot quit blowing and stomping and for some reason he walked right past me. It was a awesome experience and to think he held it together to make the shot makes me feel good. He hit that deer great and i have no clue how that deer wasnt dead in fifty yrds. But i guess them ol warriors are tough. Im not sure on the score. We are rednecks and a bunch scored him tonight. They scored 24 points i believe. Im gonna keep there number to myself until somebody that knows what there doing gets hold of him. I personally feel like the deer will gross 190 for sure But im just guessing. Pics do him no justice. His bases are about 7-5/8 and hes just big. He went for a 140 and Wound up winning the whitetail powerball. He almost killed this deer last year which i guessed to be somewhere in the 160 range. He winded him before he could get the gun up. Its been a hell of a day!!!

9. Awesome! Deer of a lifetime. Congrats to your son. Great memory for you all to share.

10. dirthole

dirthole 8 pointer

Feb 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    What broad heads was he using Lonnie?

11. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Congratulations to Cody. Great deer

12. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    China knockoffs

elmucho277 likes this.
  13. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Congrats guys !! Great buck !!!

14. HuntsItAll

HuntsItAll 6 pointer

Jan 23, 2009
    A hunters paradise
    Hell of a buck!!! congrats

15. rabbit dawg

rabbit dawg 6 pointer

Mar 9, 2010
    Great story. Great deer. Congrats to you both.