As bad as i hate this

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Mainbeam, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Yes and i got her stand put up today. We are overlooking the same pinchpoint. If she can stand it we aint coming out until the hammer drops tomorrow

2. SmokeShow

SmokeShow 10 pointer

Nov 11, 2013
    What an impressive trophy whitetail! Such a cool story too! Thanks for sharing!

3. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    I hope she kills a monster!

4. carbonhunter

carbonhunter 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2012
    Campbellsville ky
    This may be a stupid question but when you say a pinch point what exactly do ya mean I have been looking on google earth today find a good place I can put up a stand for next year and I’m trying to make sure I’ve got it in the best possible place on my property . I know it may seem early but I’m trying to plan and prepare for
    Next year

5. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Id love to explain it to you but its hard to put into words. I could show you but its a spot that connects bedding areas that the deer funnel through there is a high rock bank creek and a fence corner and a long running holler with two big drains emptying out all in the same spot. It literarally pinches the deer up in a 60-70 yrd wide spot that they really have no choice but to go through if they dont want to expose themselves while traveling from one bed spot to another. Area is filled with briars and saplings And its pretty useless until the rut but then bucks are wearing it out. Thing about these spots is wind wind wind wind. Aint but just ever once in while its ok get down in there but when the thermals are rising or a good in your face steady north wind it is go time

barney likes this.
  6. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    I dont think theres any more monsters roaming them hills but there is about four bucks there that we would love to hve a oppurtunity at. Were really wanting to hunt the buck she shot a few weeks ago he is here at my house but the wind just wont allow it tomorrow. Its a small place and you have to dot your eyes and cross your ts here

7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    great story. good luck to your daughter. also, i couldn't get within 400 yds of a bedded buck if i was moving a buddy stand.

8. Drahts

Drahts 10 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Congrats to your boy MB! Way to git r done!

9. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    Very nice Congrats.....No wonder his knees were knocking !

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Real happy for the MB crew... what a season. Congrats!!!

11. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    That was nuts . We videoed him for about 3-4 minutes before backing out. He didnt have a clue

12. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Wow, what a slunger. Great story to a hell of an ending, don't know how it could have been any better.
    Congrats on a real trophy.

13. DaveInJax

DaveInJax Spike

Aug 18, 2018
    Northeast Florida
    That is one amazing buck! Congrats to your son Mb!