Artic Boot Blankets

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Grago, Oct 18, 2020 at 11:41 AM.

1. Grago

Grago 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Anybody, ever try these? Im gonna have to do something , even no father than i walk , in i get someone to pick me up in my truck to come out. Any way my toes are so twisted , over and under each other, and knots on my feet, i just cant hardly even wear a light rubber boot i would turkey hunt in, I had a nice pair of Irish setter rubber boots, very heavy, just dont got the strength to carry those with my legs, Gave them to my best friend, i know toasty toes will help, but im gonna have more than that.. I dont have any feelings on the outside of my feet, but i can see now that if they get very cold , they are gonna throb on the inside, just looking for suggestions, i got a little buddy heater, but im hunting in a turkey blind up in a tripod, and because of room i have to put it behind me, cant sat there all the time with feet on it and back to shooting window. I saw these artic boot deals, i know would have to put them on when i get in the blind, im just open to any suggestions, anyone might have. Thanks

2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Put a bread sack over each of your feet after you put your socks on. Then put on your shoes

3. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I’ve never used em, if I hunted now I would get a pair ,but pretty much everything I’ve read or heard say ,they work good

4. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    I’ve got a pair. They work good for blind hunting, but I don’t know about trying to put them on in a deer stand.

5. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I have the ArcticShield boot covers and they work good. You can also put hand/feet warmers in them for added warmth. Crunch up the warmers before leaving the truck, so they’ll be ready when you get on stand.

If your feet are sweating then I’d recommend changing socks when you get set up.

I just bought a pair of FirstLite’s zero cold weather socks. They are a polypropylene - merino -nylon blend.

bowmaddnes and Gooser like this.
  6. childersb24

childersb24 8 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    I had some they were very loud and had slick bottoms and I was afraid to stand up in my climber with them being so slick on the bottoms. I think I gave them away

CRFmxracer likes this.
  7. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    @Grago i have some. And for the situation you hunt..they would work great. Activate a few hand or foot warmers on the way to your blind and once you get settled in, remove boots and put warmers and feet in the blankets. In my blinds i remove my boots..if im outside of blind i keep.boots on. The key to them that i have found is that they retain heat very well, but arent great at creating it. So put em on while the feet are still warm and you can add/remove/change warmers out as needed.

Grago, ukyager, Gooser and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gooser

Gooser 6 pointer

Dec 16, 2009
    Taylorsville
    They work in the blind or in a tree stand like said before just put some hand warmers in them feet will stay nice and toasty like dirtstalker said don’t create heat but hold it very well!!! I never bow hunted with them on from a tree stand it would definitely be a challenge but have with a gun!!

9. ukyager

ukyager 8 pointer

Jan 21, 2005
    KENTUCKY
    What he ⬆️ said, the trick is putting them on while your feet are still warm from walking in. If you wait until you cool down they won’t warm back up.
    I open fresh hand warmers and put them in the boot blankets when I put them on, that way as my feet cool from walking the blankets are retaining the body heat, and the warmers get warmed up by the time your body has cooled. I also started carrying a synthetic wool blanket with me on especially cold days and lay it over my lap down over my boots, it’s made a world of difference.
    Get some of the hot hand big body heater packs and put one tucked into your belt line at the small of your back, game changer!

Dark Cloud likes this.
  10. Grago

Grago 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Thank yall,, i guess i will try some, got to do something.

11. ukyager

ukyager 8 pointer

Jan 21, 2005
    KENTUCKY
    Get size XL

Grago likes this.
  12. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Seems like they use to make a belt ,that had pockets ,that would rest about where your kidneys were ,for the hot hands .I made one once and used it some in real cold weather.

13. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    If your hunting in a blind , I’d use an old sleeping bag know a lot of folks that do this , far a the booties I use the boot blankets there a little thicker than artic shield booties I do as others said put warmers in them and good to go

Grago likes this.