Arrowhead hunters?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by slow-bow, Jan 4, 2007.

1. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Found by me in the mid 90's...

Attached Files:

muddhunter, tbob131, bondhu and 4 others like this.
  2. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Nice looking Celt like the material congrats nice find.can you post a picture of the bit end thanks.

EastKY Buck guy likes this.
  3. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
  4. Onthedge

Onthedge 6 pointer

Dec 11, 2020
    South East Ky
    This thread is almost 15 years old, should be a sticky.

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  5. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    I hereby second this motion, and especially if more geodes are included.

6. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    Arrowheads are man-made, geodes are not. I'm sure if you made a geode thread it will get responses esp since they turn up quite a bit. Fwiw, if geodes are your thing there are rock shops all around the Mammoth Cave area that have some of the biggest I've ever seen for next to nothing.

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  7. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    Aaron, if you ever decide to part with that celt hit me up. I've got several nice pieces I've found from your neck of the woods and a glass display where it would be right at home.

8. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Thank you, Redlined. I thought I had previously seen some occasionally mixed into this thread; and yessir, I have always loved hunting for the little geode treasures, occasionally finding the arrowheads as well. I am willing to trade arrowheads for geodes.

9. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

Appreciate it but I doubt I ever sell it. I'm not a rock hound but love old stuff of all kinds. Anything like that is treasure to me sitting around on book shelves or in our built-ins and such :). I was working at a factory at the time when I found it. One of the team leaders there was heavy into arrow heads. He offered me a little something for it back then....it came back home with me.

Onthedge likes this.
  10. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

Just saw this,...I'll get to it in a few days and post some pics.

11. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

I live not far out of city limits but you really can't tell it at all when your here at the house. We're surrounded by dairy/beef and row crop farms. My neighbor is an elderly lady who's son is about my age (late mid to late 40's),and he mows he's mom's grass. So we were both mowing this last summer and pulled up beside each other to shoot the chit a minute. Field across the house is probable 100 acres or more..in the conversation he just randomly spit out "man we've found a lot of arrow heads in that field"..his dad had worked the surrounding farms his whole life. Anyway..next time I see him I'm gonna tell him send me some pics if he's got any. The celt I found was in the Annetta area....was helping a buddy haul in backer.

Bee and barney like this.
  12. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    Was his last name Mattingly?

13. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    That damn tobacco is what got all this started in the early 80s. My folks raised it and I accidentally found one. Messed around and found a celt, I was bought and paid for. Half a lifetime later Im obsessed, 99.9% of my collection is personal finds, the few I've bought are only were I can certify their provenance.

muddhunter likes this.