Arrowhead hunters?

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
I was thinking the same thing after finding all these made of the same material and I have never found any points made from Burlington chert in Hardin county. I have a guy coming over tomorrow to look at them and see if they are authentic or not. If not, I suspect my sons are the ones behind the seeding. I'll let you know how this plays out.
I've not seen any Burlington come from that area......or Graham Cave points that size and the dove looks made on a slab and they all look artificially aged I'm thinking they got you lol

RVtech24

12 pointer
Mar 29, 2007
The Deep Woods
I've not seen any Burlington come from that area......or Graham Cave points that size and the dove looks made on a slab and they all look artificially aged I'm thinking they got you lol

I think you're right, it was my son he works at a Freightliner dealer, a truck driver had them for real cheap, so he bought them and him and my Grandson played a good one on me. It might take awhile but I'll get them back. :)

nateb440

8 pointer
Nov 8, 2011
I think you're right, it was my son he works at a Freightliner dealer, a truck driver had them for real cheap, so he bought them and him and my Grandson played a good one on me. It might take awhile but I'll get them back. :)

You've got to get him back good. That's down right cruel haha. Seemed too good to be true but I didn't want to say it.

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
That's a pretty nasty trick to play on grandpa lol........I was reserving my opinion for a min but when you posted the dove I was like okay Ive got to say something hahaha. Ive never had it done to me but Ive heard a lot of stories. Its actually a old trick sometimes used to get fakes on the market too.

RVtech24

12 pointer
Mar 29, 2007
The Deep Woods
That's a pretty nasty trick to play on grandpa lol........I was reserving my opinion for a min but when you posted the dove I was like okay Ive got to say something hahaha. Ive never had it done to me but Ive heard a lot of stories. Its actually a old trick sometimes used to get fakes on the market too.

I've played some good ones on them over the years but it's gonna be a while before I can top this one. I knew something wasn't just right when I washed off the dove in the river and one side was a lot different than the other, it was shiny and had no patina at all, just like the other ones so I just figured that it must be what Burlington chert looks like, like obsidian because I had never found any to compare it with.

RVtech24

12 pointer
Mar 29, 2007
The Deep Woods

One of the best Authenticators of Indian Artifacts in the state, took me under his wing and schooled me on how to spot fake Artifacts. So maybe next time I won't look like a clown.:)

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
IMO RVTECH 24 you have handled this joke with a great deal of good humor and deserve a lot of credit for being a good sport about the whole thing.

RVtech24

12 pointer
Mar 29, 2007
The Deep Woods
IMO RVTECH 24 you have handled this joke with a great deal of good humor and deserve a lot of credit for being a good sport about the whole thing.

Thanks for the encouragement Bee, I've got him a lot worse a few times as he was growing up. He wanted to come here and apologize but I talked him out of it. The best part was I got to meet a new friend that enjoys this addiction more than I do and he showed my his collection. Plus I got a new toy to play with. Maybe one day... I will find a real Paleo point. :D

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
Very Good I encourage everyone who enjoys this hobby to invest in a good microscope and learn to spot fakes. It should come easy for you RV as you have handled a lot of artifacts. If you are going to purchase artifacts it is a must. I would say that over 70% of artifacts on the market to purchase and at auction are either rechipped, restored or modern......that number may even be much higher. Find someone you can trust to show you the right way to authenticate and I would suggest buying some books on the subject. Jim Bennet has some good ones. When I get some time in a few Ill post what good deposits look like vs fake deposits.....once you learn what deposits look like then you have to learn how artfakers can replicate them.....because they do.

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
15391050_10210308296971059_761945468111950652_n.jpg

Latest posts