Armadillo

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Nock, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Barryadams307

Barryadams307 Spike

Aug 25, 2013
  2. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.
    One was hit on hwy 90 just outside Cave City.
    Also I recently found out they can carry Leprosy.
    Good one Brutus! , but now your just being Racist!!

3. randy grider

randy grider 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Burgin, KY
    Been seeing them in LBL last 5-6 years, its a natural migration, and supposedly will not go much further north as they cant take the cold too well. You are allowed to kill them, no seasons, no limits.

4. Bobcatt

Bobcatt 6 pointer

Dec 24, 2009
    pond river bottoms
    saw one monday on the Pennyrile parkway, close to Sebree, I think it was between mile marker 61 and 62

5. bhayes420

bhayes420 Fawn

Sep 25, 2014
    I live in Marshall County not too far from the northern entrance to LBL. See several every time we go over there. And believe it or not, they don't taste bad. Have lots of family in south Mississippi. They've been eating them for years. And they can't spread leprosy. They do carry the virus but can't spread it.

6. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I posted a picture of one my buddy found dead in Union Co. That boarders the Ohio rive.

7. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    I seen one in the woods this past weekend at LBL. Faster than I thought they would be. He had been digging around in a creek bottom and tearing apart rotting logs.

8. Killroy

Killroy 8 pointer

Apr 18, 2007
    in a hospital
    Fellow I know told me he hit the one on natcher in warren county.
    And a large majority of leprosy cases in u.s. are attributed to armadillos by indirect contact. They root through flower beds and then people stop to straighten up their plants. So, they may not spread leprosy to people, but most of the people in the us who are diagnosed with leprosy each year have had contact with armadillos......

9. Pointpuller

Pointpuller 8 pointer

Feb 15, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    Im 50, been catching them, killing them and sometimes cleaning them and eating them since I was 8. So far Im still half way normal after dealing with hundreds of them. They are not a threat to your health. Have a couple living under my shop right now. Dog gets one every now and then and he has no ill effects either.

10. Blue Moon

Blue Moon 6 pointer

Nov 27, 2009
    Paducah, KY
    There is a dead one on hwy 60 right in front of Ballard Memorial High School in Ballard County right now.

11. Rockhound2

Rockhound2 Fawn

Sep 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

All over middle Tennessee, I've killed around 100 on my farm alone in the last couple of years

12. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    I had just left the house (east Calloway Co) headed to work one morning last week and I saw one hobbling across the road. Sped up and tried to get him but he reached the woods off the shoulder just a second before I did. Then, fishtailing to get back on the road a Robert Earl Keen song started going through my head.

13. RackedUP

RackedUP 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    About 3 years ago I saw 2 dead in one week in Bullitt Co. Both were reasonably close to train tracks so I assumed they came from the south via train.

14. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Everything is close to train tracks in Bullitt county lol