Are you watching Obama?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by philipfleek, Dec 1, 2009.

1. treerat

treerat 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2004
    Hickory KY
    your not right,,,not right at all,,:D:D:D:D:D

2. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    I can almost see your sentiment, but not quite.I had the same feeling for 8 years. But as much as I disliked the guy's policy's, I watched because it pertained to thousands of our Armed Forces.I set aside personal feeling for the concern of those protecting us and our freedoms each and every night! I wanted to know his plans for OUR brave young men and women in uniform.

3. Colorado_Hunter

Colorado_Hunter 10 pointer

Nov 30, 2007
    Radcliff, Kentucky
    G68, my friend did you notice that half of the audience was falling asleep during the speech.

1. 30,000 troops is a start, but not even close to what would be needed to accomplish what Obama wants to do before the summer of 2011.

2. IMO the Taliban will go to ground and won't be seen until after the summer of 2011, if Obama holds true to his word and withdraws the troops. If the Taliban know that they can simply disappear for the 18 months then it would benefit them instead of trying to put up a fight.

3. Training the Afghan's is not a remote possiblility in the time period that Obama laid out. In Iraq, there were people who were trainable. In Afghanistan it is like living in the stone age and would probably take decades to set up some sort of government structure outside of Kabul.

4. Telling the world that we will get out regardless of the situation is akin to not even sending any troops to begin with. Why announce your intentions up front, unless you don't care what happens.

But that is just my .2 worth.

4. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Tonight was the first night that I have ever seen the big screens turned off at the restaurant where we were eating. I hadn't thought about it until now but I wonder if it was just coincidence?

5. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    Have you ever seen those guys fight? Man, I am telling you, they don't know the meaning of the word fear! I am very proud of our teams that are currently training the ANA, they are doing a kick azz job! From what I saw of them they take discipline and training very well! There were times we had to stop firing because it look liked a scene from San Juan Hill!These guys charge the enemy, and I am not talking about a hap hazard lunge, but organized squad and team rushes!They hate the Taliban with a passion! I do hope what you forsee happening actually come to pass. I hope they go to ground and wait for us to leave. By then they will have the force of an ANA that hates them waiting to annihilate them as they come to light! Would also keep our Soldiers safer if that would happen, I hope it does!

6. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

rain hell from the sky... make them think that the whole world is blowing up.

bring our troops home.we owe them nothing.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Enemy camp???????

I'm willing to give Obama a chance and have said I'm glad he's sending more boots on the ground but to call West Point a "enemy camp" is too much for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0aXA6C5eaE

8. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    They need to send these two guys,little boy and fatman.Do a airburst at 1900 ft and shake the freakin sand under their arses.
    [​IMG]

9. treerat

treerat 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2004
    Hickory KY
    this is my opinion,,,,they have had enough freaking time to get trained to take care of themselves,,,,,,we can train our guys in 3-6 months,,,,,why the heck is it taking over 7 years to train those guys,,,are they that stupid,,,,,,,,,waite,,,thats it,,,,,we are not trained on camels,,,,,,sooooo thats the reason,,,

10. ben hunting

ben hunting 8 pointer

the whole thing is a mess, go big or go home. how would you react to your favorite basketball team not using five players only 3-4. or a nascar team only putting on three tires. if you are going to fight a war shouldn't you plan to win, instead of planning to withdraw. i don't want to be on a team that the coach says we are going to play 3/4 of the game and then quit. we can't do in 18 months what we couldn't do in 7 years.
    this exit strategy being called a wake up call to Afghanistan's leaders to step up, is like saying to a child if you don't straighten up your going to get it. why would they help us, knowing that we are leaving and they will be on their own to get slaughtered? they will make deals with our enemies so they can live and retain some power. JMO
    and yes i watched the pres. last night. i also saw the boredom of the troops. he had nothing new to say, except that he would send some of the troops that had been requested. he seemed like the great appeaser instead of the commander in chief.

11. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
  12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    The biggest part of the problem is we are playing a public relations game. We are told to fight a war were no one gets killed...it will "look bad". We are to only fight when we are fired upon and can't fight if there maybe a civilian casualty. We have never been there to win.

13. BIGBADDAD

BIGBADDAD 10 pointer

The General asked for 40,000 troops 3+ months ago. He sat on his thumb for all that time and then shortstops em. And no matter what, you can't tell them when we are gonna leave. And this is the new sign at the whitehouse's oval office....

[​IMG]

14. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    You and I and BIGBADDAD, or the talking heads on everyones favorite news/opinion channels are not privy to the level of talks over the past 93 days. I am sure the number was'nt just pulled out of a hat. I was there when there were 32K of us, this next 30K will put us at about 100K. How would you or I know how many Troops it would take to complete the mission? How we we know what makes up and entire team and not just fielding half a team?We don't know, and neither do any of the retired Colonels and Generals that also don't have a clue whats going on over there and out of the loop.Were you privy to the talks over the past 93 days? If not, how do you KNOW that 18 months after the 30K Troops get there they can't end it?What you saw as boredom on the cadets faces I saw listening intently because the Commander-In-Cheifs words are their futures. I will bet they were a lot more interested than you gave them credit for.

15. deertalker

deertalker Banned

Jul 22, 2008