Archery Season Countdown

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ceohunter, May 1, 2004.

1. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    I was walking through the woods yesterday Mosquito's swirling around at high noon bugs buzzing into my eyes. And all I could think of is where is that good weather.

What bug repellent do you all use during bow season.

What do you use to keep them freaking zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz out of your ears and face? zzzzzzzzz drives me nuts.

2. superrman77

superrman77 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2004
    I use no stinkin bugs fall earth scent. I remember one year on opening day I killed a doe at 11:00. I waited 15 minutes to go retrieve her. She ran 15 yards. Soon as I got there she was covered with flies. I sprayed her with the bug spray. That was the only way I could field dress hear without flies all over. If you kill one you better get on the deer quick. I think the spray is good stuff.

3. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Wal Mart has a 3D mesh leafy bug suit for $46. I bought one last week. Looks to be the ticket to keep them off of me. The jacket has a built in headnet. It's only a single layer polyester mesh suit but it should be better than nothing. Also, It just slides on over a T-shirt and shorts!

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=4&month=9&year=2004&hour=&min=

4. bower

bower 8 pointer

Jan 14, 2003
    LaGrange, ky, USA.
    i think when you smoke in the woods it keeps the bugs away, the problem is i quit smoking the first of the year. dunno what i'm going to do. i'm just so...............anal on smell.

>--> if it's brown it's down<--<

5. broadside

broadside 6 pointer

I quit last year on sept 12[:)] I agree about the bugs but I also saw alot more deer last year too. But I'll tell you I'd still like to smoke one right now[:(]

CAIN'T HAVE NOTHIN

6. broadside

broadside 6 pointer

I quit last year on sept 12[:)] I agree about the bugs but I also saw alot more deer last year too. But I'll tell you I'd still like to smoke one right now[:(]

CAIN'T HAVE NOTHIN

7. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    I quit 9 years and 5 days ago and I would agree they kept the bugs off. But I was hacking all the time and that would keep most anything off.

Sometimes I have dreams about smoking.

8. 27 DAys man it getting Closer
    got 2 get my bow out and sling
    a Few,,,,,,

John

9. broadside

broadside 6 pointer

Me too. I practiced so much last year that I had somes nerves burning in my wrist. Trying to avoid that again. My bow should be dead on from last year. I only pull 55 lbs so that is not an issue. I'll sling a few next week to get ready.[:)]

CAIN'T HAVE NOTHIN

10. ceohunter

ceohunter 10 pointer

It is now Monday 8/9/2004 at 8:14:53 AM
    Archery Season
    Scheduled For 9/4/2004 12:00 AM
    25 days 15 hours 45 minutes 7 seconds or
    3 weekends or
    26 days or
    615 hours (410 waking hours) or
    36,945 minutes or
    2,216,706 seconds

11. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    [:D] <font size="5"><b>It's creeping up <i>FAST</i>......</b></font id="size5">

Only 3 weekends to go!!! Sure hope I've got everything in order. WoW, so much left to do, So little time!

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

12. Matt W.

Matt W. Fawn

Jun 3, 2004
    Im new to bow hunting and with season creeping up like this, how soon till I should buy some broaheads and start tuning my bow for them instead of field points?

If winners never quit then whoever said quit while your ahead

13. DDMAN

DDMAN 6 pointer

Jun 27, 2003
    KY
    now would be a good time to start. i couldnt bow hunt last year do to a torn rotater cuff and the srgery to repair it. but im all better now and will get to bow hunt this year. just not sure what excuse ill use when i miss( cause i wont be able to use the" my shoulder give out" no more will i?)

MAYBE IT IS THE INDIAN( ME )

THE MAIN THING A GREAT HUNTER TAKES TO THE WOODS, IS ETHICS

14. Basswipe

Basswipe 8 pointer

Aug 7, 2002
    E\'town.
    I'm going to have a heck of an opening day. I have a bass tournament that day. So I will get up waaaay early and head to the lake. Should be home from the tournament around 5:00. That leaves time to eat, shower, put on the camo and head for the stand.

Democracy is two wolves and rabbit voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed rabbit preventing the vote from being enforced.

15. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    Yeah my wife warned me if I don't quit practicing I was gonna develop carpul tunnel syndrome.