AR-15 Question..

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Manhattan, Feb 22, 2018.

1. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    A friend of mine who works in a Gun store in Pennsylvania said the store had sold 200 ARs since the shooting in Flordia. One of the wholesalers came by yesterday and told them he is out of stock right now, I thought everyone that wanted an AR 15 already had one. But maybe not?

Maybe I should buy one, since all of mine fell out of the boat into Lake Cumberland.

barney, bondhu, hotdog and 2 others like this.
  2. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke

Ooooh, boating accident! Thats a good one. I think that will be what happened to all of mine when the government tries to collect them. Lost in a tragic boating accident. I like that. :)

bondhu likes this.
  3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

You mean to tell me that the ones I sold you fell out of your boat??? That's a shame.

bondhu likes this.
  4. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    so the savage msr would not be included because it’s a msr and not an ar. Right?

5. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    I had a Colt HBAR that shot sub MOA with the right ammo - if you can find one, that is a solid rifle.

Unfortunately, while moving it fell out of the truck off a bridge, into a river, never to be seen again. You might be able to find it, if you look in a river, under a highway bridge, somewhere between here and there.

6. bigbill30978

bigbill30978 Spike

May 17, 2013
    Warren Michigan
    Ruger 5.56 is a good accurate weapon, open sights, was stacking them. Built a few, 223 wylde, 5.56 nato, 450 bushmaster, 300 blackout. Chrome easier to clean less accurate, I don't do chrome. If you know a builder go talk to them, you'll get a much better weapon for just a little more then your entry AR's.

7. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    Why have one when you can have many. One for each mood.

8. Smokin9mm

Smokin9mm 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2014
    Lexington
    BCM or Daniel Defense

9. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    I had a M&P Sport 2 and loved it. I tragically lost mine in a boating accident also. LOL

Junglekat likes this.
  10. Looserounds

Looserounds Fawn

Jul 12, 2015
    Don't buy a bushmaster. They are junk. A lot of the times they cant even get the front sight base on straight. same goes for a stag.
    bushmaster guns are to be avoided, they are junk, windham is the same guns, different name, remington ar15s are also bushmaster, avoid those, and the DPMS, Avoide the S&W and CMMG and Stag made guns. they all have serious quality control issues and various problems.

Colt is the gold standard, They have been making them for over 50 years.You can get a colt 6920( M4) for under 800 now if you look around, BCM. DD and LMT would be decent choices you can of course get even more pricey guns

stay away fromt he S&W and bushmaster and CMMG and Stag. and DPMS and any economy model. if you cant afford a colt or DD or BCM etc, then wait, save up and

Yes do get a chromed lines barrel. it will last longer and accuracy is not really affected despite the replies above repeating a lot of gun counter myth
    the larger accuracy standard from the milspec barrel is set with millitary ball ammo. with commercial quality match or hunting ammo, the barrel will shoot as good or better than most hunting guns. see the link below of accuracy testing of one
    http://looserounds.com/2013/06/13/accuracy-of-the-milspec-ar15-carbine-barrel/

both are standard rack grade milspec barrels, chrome lined

http://looserounds.com/2013/06/10/a...rack-grade-ar15-and-m855-make-1000-yard-hits/

Don't buy a sportical. or some AR that is made to be cheaper. they will not last or work long

the AR15 was designed to operate a certain way reliably and if you want one worth the money that will not give you trouble get one made to spec. there is a lot that can be said about Ar15s the thing is to know what you are going to really be using it for to determine what configuration to get.

11. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    All of those mentioned are great AR’s. I have a Colt and S&W that are very good rifles. Might want to check out Ruger AR’s as I’ve read very good reviews on them.

12. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    You can put together your own for $400 right now. Anderson mfg in Hebron, Ky. Upper and Lower Receiver and barrels. Get you one of the new free float handgards and a M 16 Bolt carrier and bolt, gas block, tube lower parts kit.....done.

Tactical Solutions Group.
    Is a great supplier of parts. You can build an AR 10 for half it was a year ago. Folks, You won't be able to do this much longer.
    Get your spare parts now.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  13. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    The way things are headed, I wouldn't be too picky. Buy any brand you can find. Ammo too.

Junglekat likes this.
  14. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Just an AR -FYI.... I receive an email today from Uncle Lee’s ( Buds Gun Shop ) in Greenville.

Their having a Turkey & Tackle Expo this Saturday (3/3/18) and having a few guns on sale according to their flyer.

One being the S&W-M&P 15 Sport 2 for $489.99. (Bottom right on the attached pic below)
    https://www.unclelees.com/

72FAC55A-6E68-4081-A871-629906F9A51C.jpeg

Carl likes this.
  15. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Thanks for the heads up.