Apex Shot Shell coupon

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Little FR, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Little FR

Little FR 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    Got an email today Apex is running a sale. code is COMEBACK15
    fifteen percent off.

I’m going to see what they have in 410 and 16ga. I like this 12ga 2 3/4 tss in my Ithaca as well.

Meatstick and PUBLIC RAT like this.
  2. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I’m heard good things about those loads.

Little FR likes this.
  3. Little FR

Little FR 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    Blue Collar Outdoors has tons of videos testing Apex shells. My daughter uses the 410 Turkey Ninja TSS patterned better than Federal. I use the 16ga 9’s in my Wingmaster.

4. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 10 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    I'll have to check that out, thanks for tip. Was at Sportsmans warehouse on black Friday and Federal TSS 12 gauge, 3" was $77+ tax. May have bought my last TSS unless I get a gift card.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    hunt and Little FR like this.
  5. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I won't buy them on principle alone. I know they work great but the Longbeard XR does a great job for me for much less. I think I would cry if I missed one or two...lol

6. Little FR

Little FR 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    I agreed with you until the ammo crunch hit. Production quality has been awful on the Longbeard XRs. I have two friends that don’t know each other that had XRs fail to fire last year on turkeys, one primer has a huge dent with no bang and one had a punctured primer with no bang. I personally experienced a failure and did not hit a huge Tom. My shell fired but the pellets exited the barrel in a solid form and looked like a slug hit the tree inches above the head of my turkey.

I take off work buy the best calls, best camo (I can afford) beg and borrow to find hunting ground. Buy expensive chokes, pattern relentlessly. I carry a mouth call in my pocket 365 days a year and practice in the truck and at work. I invest too much time money and effort to let a few dollars a shell hold me back.

Apex is out of 16ga anyways. Down to 4 boxes. I have plenty of the 2 3/4” shoulder demolishers for my Ithaca’s. Whew they hurt in a Featherlight.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    aceoky likes this.
  7. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I buy quality in my bows and guns but my camo is as ragtag as you'll find. I use a leafy suit to turkey hunt and early bow season. I wear normal everyday clothes when I hunt. I use my work clothes and wash in unscented soap. Its not that I hate to spend money but I don't like to spend it if I can get buy cheaper.

Little FR likes this.
  8. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I heard they had a bad run on long beard shells, I still have some from where they first came out , dang good shell if they were manufactured correctly

Feedman and Little FR like this.
  9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Those shells used to be made here in Somerset. They closed the plant and moved production to Arkansas, I believe

aceoky and Little FR like this.
  10. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    That’s neat I didn’t know they had made them local,

Little FR likes this.