Anyone use this wimpy lookin Jake from Wally World

Jerod

10 pointer
Oct 30, 2008
KY
The flextone long necked jacked up lookin decoy? Any stories? Should I just bring the b mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
Seen a lot of very big birds killed over B mobile, but they might have come to the smaller jake too. who knows. If l know I am hunting for dominant birds l will put B mobile with a real spread fan out every time. If not sure what the area holds I might use Avian X jake. You will get a thousand opinions on this .

Jerod

10 pointer
Oct 30, 2008
KY
Seen a lot of very big birds killed over B mobile, but they might have come to the smaller jake too. who knows. If l know I am hunting for dominant birds l will put B mobile with a real spread fan out every time. If not sure what the area holds I might use Avian X jake. You will get a thousand opinions on this .

I wish I could afford avianX. Lol

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
Hitch will be along shortly to explain how turkey hunting should be....decoyless and with loin cloths as camo. Anything else is not accepted.

On the other hand, I know what decoy you are talking about. People say they work and I'm sure they do, but I'll settle with my avian x jake.

Jerod

10 pointer
Oct 30, 2008
KY
Normally I'd agree for the most part. But not hunting a 49 acre flat cow pasture with 1" grass and no woods. Just the tree lines

just me

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2013
Normally I'd agree for the most part. But not hunting a 49 acre flat cow pasture with 1" grass and no woods. Just the tree lines

Alls you needs is a 22 mag then!

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
The funky chicken works hands down. It is the ugliest thing I've ever seen fun gobbler can't stand it

My favorite set up is a jake & hen. Killed many a tom with that set up.

Which I had a couple people tell me they had good luck with the funky chicken .... so picked one up last spring before season. Has to be the butt ugliest decoy I ever seen. But it works very well.... watched 2 toms die using it.

Which I've seen a lot of toms come in to a jake decoy ... there's usually some point of hesitation. Not necessarily hanging up ...they will commit... but most will pause a little like their sizing it up. But using the funky chicken both times was a dead run. Don't know if it was dumb luck or just the posture ... dweeby look of the decoy .... but it's apparently not intimidating.

ab629374500adc4e280a28f5cccd4f65.jpg

326970f062c73cb0b1e55f4882f229f0.jpg

Latest posts