Anyone use Cuddelink cameras

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by Fanattic78, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Fanattic78

Fanattic78 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Western Ky
    Anyone using the Cuddelink Cameras not the cell but the ones that up to 16 will report to one home camera. If so how do you like them?

2. redlickranch

redlickranch 10 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    I am using them and they do pretty well. It does take several minute sometimes for them to send photos to the home camera. We use them more for security on the place. So far so good.

3. BODAB1

BODAB1 Spike

Apr 13, 2012
    We are running 4 G-cameras and one J camera. Battery life was an issue until we went with the solar option. Now it is a non issue. Range is beyond excellent in winter and acceptable in summer. Covering 40 acres. I also recommend visiting Habitat Talk http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/cuddebacks-cuddelink.7859/ This is an extensive thread about cuddling. It is monitored by a company rep who gives excellent responses to issues that might arise.

The J camera was the first one we tried with solar. We put solar on that one in mid August, so it has been running non stop for about 150 days with no issues. it is set for surveillance mode due to being at our front gate. I just checked this camera yesterday and batteries are still going strong. This camera gets a lot of direct sun. Took awhile to find the solar for the G cameras. They went on in mid October. Again checked these cameras yesterday and they are still up and running with the exception of the home camera which indicated low external batteries. This camera is the most concealed of all and it gets limited direct sun. So at 90 days those batteries in the solar unit need to be recharged. When the solar charged batteries run down the camera is still powered by four D cells until you can recharge the solars.

4. Travis Davis

Travis Davis Fawn

Dec 31, 2018
    Lawrenceburg
    We have the been running dual flash G series cuddylinks. I would say that they eat up D sized batteries pretty fast, which can get expensive running multiple cameras. Until I can attach some solar chargers, which the company says they are not sure when they will be available, I cant afford to run many, spending around $15/month/camera in batteries. I also agree with redlickranch, that it can take several minutes to get the picture back sometimes.
    I would also add that if they are being used for security there are several drawbacks.
    1. Without the safe (made for the camera) thieves can: turn camera off, take antenna off, switch camera settings, take the SD card out and without getting a plate to lock the unit on a tree (this cost extra), they can remove the batteries, all before any pictures can be sent.
    2. With the safe, without adapting the safe, thieves can remove the antenna before pictures can be sent.
    Since I also purchased these cameras for security puposes, I have adapted my cameras to address these situations. I black tape the antenna to make it nearly impossible to remove the antenna without untaping it first. I also put it in a cuddle safe, after adapting the safe to not allow much access to the antenna.
    These cameras, can be used as a tool in your security toolbox. Yet, the people who have raided my property, found these weaknesses in these cameras, fairly quickly.
    Overall I like the idea; but, I'm not in love with these cameras. That being said, the customer service at cuddeback has been outstanding. The camera sends a decent thumbnail picture; and, has a great picture, at the camera, on the SD card. They can be used as security. The trespassers on my land are spooked. They have no idea how many images I have, or haven't, got. My damages have decreased as well as my trespassing events.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  5. Fanattic78

Fanattic78 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Western Ky
    we have put 4 of these out been out for about 1 month using lithium aa batteries seem to be doing ok on battery life. It is pretty sweet only having to check one camera. pulled the card sunday said each camera had about 32 days of battery left I am sure the cold may have a greater effect of draining but happy so far

6. Travis Davis

Travis Davis Fawn

Dec 31, 2018
    Lawrenceburg

7. Travis Davis

Travis Davis Fawn

Dec 31, 2018
    Lawrenceburg
    What brand of lithium batteries?

Last check of my cams, 3/5 still had battery life, after one month, mid December through mid January.

8. Fanattic78

Fanattic78 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Western Ky
    energizer lithium batteries

9. Fanattic78

Fanattic78 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Western Ky

do you mean 1/5 ??

10. Fanattic78

Fanattic78 6 pointer