Anyone tried this?

str8 shot

12 pointer
Nov 4, 2006
berea kantuckie
On BBC threads i seen were there are alot of guys on there that adds some brown sugar to there hamburger and it is supposingly really really good,some say its the best burgers theyve ever had.Have any of you tried this?When i get back from fishin this weekend im guna give it a shot,since i like brown sugar on alot of meats i cook anyways.

philipfleek

12 pointer
Feb 24, 2008
philville, KY
I'm a savory kind of guy. I dont do sweet with meat. Thats kinda of why I hate lobster to sweet. Crawfish-I make so hot ya cant taste the sweet.

Foam Steak

10 pointer
Jun 29, 2006
Harrison County
I have used regular sugar. A little bit goes a long way. Seems to make it jucier? Maybe? Maybe that is just my imagination. In my mind the key is to add just enough to where you might be able to taste it just barely if you know it is there. Don't add so much where everyone is saying "man, did you put sugar in here"?. Another thing that goes good with the sugar is oregano. Add enough so you can definetly taste it and a little bit of garlic as well.

Let us know how it turns out.

lab

I'm not a people person.
Jul 18, 2003
just past the middle of nowhere
Yep. The wife makes them from time to time. This type of burger is the only one that I have eaten that I only put a bun on. It seems that adding any type of condiment takes away from the taste aquired by addind the brown sugar.

Latest posts