Anyone looking for a new Ladder stand

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Duster, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Starting to think I may just buy a couple decent groundblinds and brush them in good so I can watch both sides of that ridge depending on wind direction. As I get older comfort means more to me and if I got uncomfortable 20 foot off the ground it may make me shy about climbing that high again. Don't even have to be high dollar ground blinds, just room for 1 and gear with a decent chair. Tuck them back into one of those ice storm down pines of which we got several and brush it in good. Just have to keep eye on wind direction more often. I can get two for about the same price as that ladder stand. And if you get a couple years out of them I think that's money well spent.

2. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    i'm waiting to RK to put the 1.5 muddy back on sale for $99 and we are replacing a couple of the 25yo stands on the farms.

3. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    I bought a couple of those last year at that price ,great deal. Finally put one together this week. That thing sure has a big roomy seat. I’ve got 3 of the 21ft muddy skybox stands. Been using those for a few years and love them. Like those better because the seat folds up out of the way unlike the 1.5 muddy.

4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

From what I heard RK will no longer carry that Muddy stand. I was told they have been discontinued. May want to look at another brand. I did a lot of looking around out as far as 200 miles and nobody had any left.

5. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    that sucks i got one last year and that is one awesome stand. We have one of their other brand stand big game or something like that and sucks compared to the muddy 1.5. Noisy, super heavy, not nearly as comfortable.

6. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Ky
    I am the welder lol
    Yea it’s custom

7. Drahts

Drahts 10 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I like that Hawk 1.5 stand RK has. Gonna pick up 2. I set the Polaris on the uphill side of the tree I'm putting it on. I throw a rope over a limb and hook one end to the stand and one end to the winch and either winch it up or back the Polaris up standing the stand. As for the 28 I have one the previous owner left. Thing is up there! But dang once the leaves fall, can you see! I want to move it but don't know if I can let it down gently enough or get it back up without damaging it.

Genesis 27:3 likes this.