Anyone know "Jacked Up Outdoors" show out of Eastern KY?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by pentail, Nov 24, 2012.

1. NitroHunter

NitroHunter 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2002
    Jeremiah, Kentucky.
    I agree with that, and to be honest 400yds would be out of my range.....you're lucky to find a spot you could see 200yds around here.

2. Masterblaster

Masterblaster 6 pointer

Dec 15, 2009
    Bath Co Ky

I've killed my biggest deer going deep, it's all in the approach and exit .. you were the one talking about all the time in the woods and nothing to show this year right?

3. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

If you will recall, the reason there is a problem is there was a big deer in the field, that was shot at from 400 yards away. Pentail wasn't hunting on the property line, he was quite a distance off of the line. Had pentail been "deep", he would not have seen the deer, realized someone was trespassing, and been able to confront him. I say good job pentail on your scouting, and placement of your food plots.

4. Masterblaster

Masterblaster 6 pointer

Dec 15, 2009
    Bath Co Ky
    Yeah , I don't recall that .. I was going off the picture he posted that his wife took, that is now deleted... my bad

5. hunting buddy

hunting buddy 12 pointer

Oct 23, 2010
    bg
    Why on earth are you hunting that close to the property line when you have wannabes right next to you?

Because it's his land and he can hunt where ever he wants! If he hadn't have been hunting there's no telling what they might have done to get that deer!

6. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Post number 60, it's still there. And his wife's stand is a long way from the property line as well.

7. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Especially since it's rut time and the bucks are trying to find the does. Where will the does be? Around the food sources at certain times of the day. Deep woods are fine, but Pentail already said his stand was in a thicket which we can see part of anyway. I'd say he had it well covered for this time of year.

8. Masterblaster

Masterblaster 6 pointer

Dec 15, 2009
    Bath Co Ky
    I said my bad. =sorry. Pentail has his stuff together no doubt

I do know most problems come from bordline property wars, been in several myself and thats why I questioned it.

9. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    I Thought pintails stand was some 300 yards from the "spot"...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that ain't "line hunting"... However, that's not the issue. It don't matter, that SLOB (TV Boy) admitted to crossing the line.. No denying that.

10. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Every property is different. But, it has always paid off for me to leave the honeyholes undisturbed...especially when huntin' with a rifle.

11. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke

12. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    How you got from my bad guitar playing to my time in the woods is interesting.

13. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    lol !!!!!!'

14. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I think he got us mixed up...now thats interesting..:)

15. jayder85

jayder85 10 pointer

I was wandering what his connection was myself........................ Still cant figure it out.