Anyone know "Jacked Up Outdoors" show out of Eastern KY?

Masterblaster

6 pointer
Dec 15, 2009
Bath Co Ky
Wow, I thought I was a rotten singer and guitar player.
After hearing that I feel much better about my skills.

I've killed my biggest deer going deep, it's all in the approach and exit .. you were the one talking about all the time in the woods and nothing to show this year right?

keith meador

Got the Spotted Fever
Sep 18, 2003
Grindstone Branch, KY, USA.
Make no mistake.. I'm on your side Pentail, but...

Why on earth are you hunting that close to the property line when you have wannabes right next to you?

Unless you are hunting 5-10 acres of land , i'd get deep on those deer , especially if they are coming out in your field and not theirs.. you have what they want.

This is also a good example of high profile high target... all these outdoors boys doing their thing is fine, but if your gonna do it , make sure your on the up and up, hard to get more hits , or clients or whatever your after if you are bending the rules.

Also, The biggest bucks they have harvested look very high fency

If you will recall, the reason there is a problem is there was a big deer in the field, that was shot at from 400 yards away. Pentail wasn't hunting on the property line, he was quite a distance off of the line. Had pentail been "deep", he would not have seen the deer, realized someone was trespassing, and been able to confront him. I say good job pentail on your scouting, and placement of your food plots.

hunting buddy

12 pointer
Oct 23, 2010
bg
Why on earth are you hunting that close to the property line when you have wannabes right next to you?

Because it's his land and he can hunt where ever he wants! If he hadn't have been hunting there's no telling what they might have done to get that deer!

TripleGee

12 pointer
Sep 13, 2003
Somerset
Goin' in deep is the first biggest mistake one can make.

Especially since it's rut time and the bucks are trying to find the does. Where will the does be? Around the food sources at certain times of the day. Deep woods are fine, but Pentail already said his stand was in a thicket which we can see part of anyway. I'd say he had it well covered for this time of year.

Masterblaster

6 pointer
Dec 15, 2009
Bath Co Ky
I said my bad. =sorry. Pentail has his stuff together no doubt

I do know most problems come from bordline property wars, been in several myself and thats why I questioned it.

P. Beyer

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Ballard Co
I Thought pintails stand was some 300 yards from the "spot"...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that ain't "line hunting"... However, that's not the issue. It don't matter, that SLOB (TV Boy) admitted to crossing the line.. No denying that.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
Especially since it's rut time and the bucks are trying to find the does. Where will the does be? Around the food sources at certain times of the day. Deep woods are fine, but Pentail already said his stand was in a thicket which we can see part of anyway. I'd say he had it well covered for this time of year.
Every property is different. But, it has always paid off for me to leave the honeyholes undisturbed...especially when huntin' with a rifle.

pentail

Bacon
Staff member
Sep 25, 2002
Savoring the smoke
Make no mistake.. I'm on your side Pentail, but...

Unless you are hunting 5-10 acres of land , i'd get deep on those deer , especially if they are coming out in your field and not theirs.. you have what they want.

This is also a good example of high profile high target... all these outdoors boys doing their thing is fine, but if your gonna do it , make sure your on the up and up, hard to get more hits , or clients or whatever your after if you are bending the rules.

Also, The biggest bucks they have harvested look very high fency[/QUOTE

There is actually only a short section, 100 yards or so, where the lines meet. Our line angles back through the thicket to the left of the pic. My stand is 300 yards from there with hardwoods around the back of it. That super thick area between us is a bedding area where the deer filter out into the crop field. The other side of the line is also cornfield, those guys were also a long way from the line. That box blind has been there for 20+ years and I can't begin to count the deer that have been taken from it, including some really nice bucks. That is the first time in 30 years of hunting from that spot, first from a stand, then the box blind, that anyone from that property has shot over onto us. At least while one of us was out there

Latest posts