Anyone have one of the life alert deals ?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Daughter is having some issues with fall's. A auto accident 28 years ago left her with a brain injury and her balance is not very good. Lives alone a few miles away. Yesterday she took a fall and broke her arm. Was in the middle of town at a Red Box at 5:30 am on her way to dialysis. Lucky someone stop to return some movies and call 911 for her. That haul her to the hospital. We are thinking of getting her a alert system but with several to pick from looking for advice on one anyone has got. They all seem based out of California. Prices are all over the place from $20 to $60 a month.

2. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I've heard that the new apple watch has a fall alert function. It will call 911 with the location as well as someone designated from her contacts. I have no personal experience but its worth looking into since I don't think there is an extra monthly fee...assuming she already has a smartphone.

3. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Duster,
    My 83 year old mother had it while she lived in Somerset. They're an okay thing I guess. Customer service was pretty good but make sure y'all DON'T accept the first quote they give you. I was able to talk the lady down below half of original quote. Mention fixed income and all outgoing bills. If your daughter is paycheck to paycheck, make sure you pay no more than bare minimum. You can always tell them you'll think about it and get back to them. If they think they're losing a sale, maybe even lower per month. Good luck.
    I know it was a comfort knowing mom could take a shower and have the ability to contact someone in case of an accident.

4. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    it does sound like it would be a good thing for her. i dont know about the service, or the price.
    Lucky for me, when i fall down, i hit my head..
    do some research online, and ask for reviews..
    my grandma got one. she had fell down, and wasn't discovered for a while. then she got one of those things.. when she was down, she couldn't reach a phone. she was lucky, the mayors wife, just happen to check up on her. they lived next door..
    i think women are more prone to breaking bones..

5. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    My granddad had one. It was hyper sensitive and he had several false alarms. Check multiple companies before making a decision.